Menu
angie2601
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade - same cables

Hi I've ordered an upgrade from V HD box to a tivo box and an older hub to new SuperHub 3.

I hadn't thought but the exisiting cable from the white cable box that comes into the house is quite far away from where the Box/hub are and the cable used on initial set up (2010) is quite long about 3metres and goes around a number of walls. The white cable box is also behind a built in cupboard but accessible when I remove the kick-plate,

I am guessing when the new boxes arrive the cables supplied will not be as long and so could I use the existing cable to the new boxes rather than the newer cable ?

Also there is no engineer booked for the installation - is it easy to set up both the Tivo and new hub ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks

Angelina

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade - same cables

the hub3 comes with cables but there is nothing to stop you using what you have now - just unscrew the cable from the rear of the old hub and then screw that same cable into the new hub - be sure to change the power supply at the same time

if the input on the V box is the same as the Tivo then would guess the same would apply but never seen either so thats guess work

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade - same cables

Hi angie2601,

Thanks for your post.

I've responded to your initial post so that I can assist you further.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos