Menu
virgo1967
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update my equipment! Help

Hi, I'm really looking for a while now to find out more about the router I have perhaps being replaced as its around 4-5 year's old now. I would also like to get the cable length for router increased as currently have length of 1ft from wall to router. Could anyone inform me if they have any information about how I go about this?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Update my equipment! Help

virgo1967 wrote:

Hi, I'm really looking for a while now to find out more about the router I have perhaps being replaced as its around 4-5 year's old now.
Which model is it? Also check to see if your eligible a free upgrade, link: https://keepup.virginmedia.com/hubupgrade

I would also like to get the cable length for router increased as currently have length of 1ft from wall to router. Could anyone inform me if they have any information about how I go about this?

Call in and ask for that kind of appointment, it will cost you £99

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
virgo1967
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying.
Though I am absolutely shocked by the suggestion of paying £99 for a new router, which they gave me around 5 years ago when I joined. As well as supplying me with an extra metre of cable.
I am not after an engineer to do anything, as there's nothing that I'd need them for.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

virgo1967 wrote:
Thanks for replying.
Though I am absolutely shocked by the suggestion of paying £99 for a new router, which they gave me around 5 years ago when I joined. As well as supplying me with an extra metre of cable.
I am not after an engineer to do anything, as there's nothing that I'd need them for.

you have 2 issues here - the router will be free or postage cost - the £99 is for the cable - thats a standard charge for a non fault tech visit - thats unfortunately how it works

a call to retentions will get the router changed - if its a SH1 - easiest way is just say the wifi is awful [which it is] whilst onto them ask for a tech visit for them to change it and change the cable - hopefully they will book it all in FOC - helps if you are out of contract as they will want to keep you happy - the router change SHOULD not start a new contract but get them to confirm that

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello virgo1967,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

I can see you've already had some great support from our Super Users. The information you've received is correct. The call out charge for a relocation of your Hub is £99 and this cannot be waivered. We can however look into upgrading your equipment as you've had it for sometime as it's probably not the most efficient for you anymore. If you'd like to look into a replacement, please let me know.

Thanks again for posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos