Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (130 Views)

Unexplained £20 activation fee

Hello, please can someone advise why I have been charged a £20 activation fee for my new SuperHub 3.0 that I was not given any information about?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4 (189 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by KSt1
‎25-05-2017 22:02

Re: Unexplained £20 activation fee

No idea why you weren't told but it's there in the terms.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/quickstart/post-purchase.html

Minimum term applies to your cable service, check basket for details. If you cancel during the minimum contract period you will incur an early disconnection fee.

Service availability: SERVICES AVAILABLE IN VIRGIN MEDIA CABLED STREETS ONLY. Subject to survey, capacity and credit check, minimum term contract applies, check basket for details. If you cancel during the minimum contract period you will incur an early disconnection fee. 
Installation: Engineer installation fees may apply on certain packages or bundles (starting from £40 for standard install).
Activation Fee: There is an activation fee of £20.00.

Dave.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4 (190 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by KSt1
‎25-05-2017 22:02

No idea why you weren't told but it's there in the terms.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/quickstart/post-purchase.html

Minimum term applies to your cable service, check basket for details. If you cancel during the minimum contract period you will incur an early disconnection fee.

Service availability: SERVICES AVAILABLE IN VIRGIN MEDIA CABLED STREETS ONLY. Subject to survey, capacity and credit check, minimum term contract applies, check basket for details. If you cancel during the minimum contract period you will incur an early disconnection fee. 
Installation: Engineer installation fees may apply on certain packages or bundles (starting from £40 for standard install).
Activation Fee: There is an activation fee of £20.00.

Dave.

Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (106 Views)

Thanks Dave. Irritating in that case as I've been a VM customer for years now and was simply upgrading to new hub... will still query it....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Message 4 of 4 (102 Views)

Most orders that require new kit will include the activation fee, whether you're a new customer or an existing customer - including both Broadband and TV.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own