Menu
Jack-Attack
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unacceptable Delay To Installation

I signed up on 5th Dec 2016 and was given a connection date of 10th Dec. Great!

Then received an email to say it would be 11th Jan 2017. Mmmm, not so great.

Today I book a day off work. Two guys turn up and say that the run is too big for them and it will take another 6-8 weeks!!! Not great in the least.

I'm really not happy. Surely this should have been assessed in the first instance. I'm questioning whether I continue if this is the standard from day one.

auroraonline
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unacceptable Delay To Installation

hi

good luck with this, i signed up 10th Nov 2016, with installation expected on 25th. Told on 24th that it was not possible due to 'construction issues' and I have yet to be given a new installation date. Despite this they were quick enough to take £25 installation fee. and regularly send me named mail, claiming i can now 'join up'

Even today after receiving a letter, 'construction issues' still stand.

Ryan

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jack-Attack

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the delayed installation Smiley Sad

I am sorry that this has happened and appreciate that this is an inconvenience to you. I understand that this additional delay is not ideal and would like to thank you for taking the time to join us on the forums.

I can see that the 6-8 weeks has to be advised due to the need to obtain approval from the local authority to gain access to our network in your area.

In order to keep up to date with our teams regarding this you can contact them via 0345 045 0595 from Mon-Sat 8.30am-7pm

If you could let us know if you need anything else and we'll do our best to support you with this.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi auroraonline

I appreciate you too have had issues with a similar situation and can see that you have also posted here Delayed installation...

I was unable to locate your account details for me to confirm the issues you are having so I apologise I was not able to get more specifics for you right now but if you too could contact our teams via 0345 045 0595 our teams would be happy to update you.

Kind regards and keep us posted if you need anything else.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jack-Attack
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen.

Now over 7 weeks and I've heard nothing so phoned that number.

Not a great deal of help I'm afraid. Still unable to give me a firm date. That 6-8 weeks looked to be rather optimistic (and that was assured!)

3 months from when I signed up and still waiting....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jack-Attack

I've had your PM thanks and I can see you have also spoken to the teams this afternoon and I have called them too in order to check into this for you.

They have said that the works are still in planning  and progressing, and that they are going to contact you as soon as these are authorised to confirm exactly when the works are going to go ahead for you.

Again you can either pop back to us to check into this for you, or if you’d prefer you can contact the teams again via their direct number.

Thanks again for you message!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos