Menu
angie2601
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access Router settings to change chanel/name

Hi,

Just installed new SH3.0 along with TiVO box and the wifi is up and running.

However I want to get into the router to see the wifi channel and also change the router name.

followed the instrutions using 192.168.0.1 and managed to change the password but after that step the screen just goes white with a 'page loading,please wait a moment' message but this has been stuck like ths for 20 minutes.

Is there anything I can do?

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access Router settings to change chanel/name

try a different browser - connect via a pc using a lan cable - try a full reset - hold button a full 30 sec and start again - password you set will be lost with the reset

Tony
0 Kudos
angie2601
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I did a reset of the router (although it was a wireless when I logged into the router) and then put a ethernet cable in but the page hangs after I am prompted to change the password and also input an email address.  

I am not sure which email address I should be putting in - is it my virgin media one or an alternative one - could that be causing the router to not recognise the account or something ?

The technical support man I spoke too (who was very patient and knowledgeable) suggested I don't worry about it because from what he could see all the broadband etc was working without any problem. 

I am a bit concerned though because I may want to change my wifi channel at some point or set parental controls so i am thinking is there a problem with the new superhub 3 I received ?

Thanks for the advice

angie2601

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey angie2601,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having problems getting into your Hub. If you're still unable to access the settings after performing a reset, something isn't right.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) as we're probably going to need to replace it.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos