Menu
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7 (403 Views)

Unable to access Facebook discussion

[ Edited ]

We're aware that some people are experiencing issues when trying to access Facebook. We're aware of this and we'll keep you updated.

Kind regards

Ty

Community moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7 (328 Views)

Re: Unable to access Facebook discussion

Still happening 3 days later.... Do we get a discount for this month then?? Had no end of TiVo issues and web issues with facebook etc recently and our 70 Meg went down to 50 Meg but is still listed as 70 but is at a constant 45-52 Meg no matter what time of day it is (VIA GIGABIT ETHERNET CABLE before you try and blame our wifi signal) The TiVo box is slow as molasses and is only 2.5 years old, I have a Freeview recording box from 2012 that runs 5x as fast, when you press guide, the guide appears. And not long ago it took 3 weeks and multiple complaints via website, 150 and here to get an engineer to shut the door on the street cabinet! For some reason the prices keep on going up and the service standards keep going down!!!! Yet if I were a brand new customer I could get much better equipment (V6), faster speeds, and more channels for an extra 50p a month from what I'm on now. 

Quite frankly I see no reason not to leave because if I do and then regret it you'll actually give me a better package than what I pay for now, for even less money, so why WOULDN'T I want to give SKY a try???

Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (320 Views)

Where are you based? I am in Hitchin, Herts... HAVE THE SAME ISSUES - No FB or Instagram, terrible speeds... Yet other sites works. 

Saw a Virgin engineer at the box outside the train station @ 6pm... clearly couldnt fix the issue. 

Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 doesn't help either as suggested... 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7 (314 Views)

Wigston, Leicester... The thing is we've been with virgin/ntl for over 15 years and the service has always been great, this past month however, national outages of catchup and facebook and tvanywhere... it makes me wonder if the equipment is struggling to keep up with what they're piling onto it.

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7 (293 Views)

I have seen reports that VM have been having problems with their DNS server? I have also seen reports that the problems with catch up and on demand are server and indexing related. Maybe they need some IT support?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7 (259 Views)

Hi all,

This fault should now be resolved.

Please re-raise an individual thread if further issues are experienced.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 7 (56 Views)

yes very slow

0 Kudos