Menu
jamesb87
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Trying to get an update / Outage for 72+ hours

Hi all, 

Our Internet went down Xmas eve, and we've successfully got nowhere so far. 

The call center have confirmed there is an issue in my area, yet nowhere online is there any acknowledgment of an issue. 

They claimed that there was an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue in my area (W12, London) and it was estimated to be resolved by January 6th....

Having walked around my area, I certainly can't see any engineers hard at work on any physical issue. And no-one seems willing to give me a concrete "This is the problem, this is the solution"

This has grossly interrupted planned xmas video calls and would love any suggestions anyone has to get my internet back working. 

Seemingly my superhub 3 is stuck in a loop of green flashing LED's and the base light stays green. All sorts of power cycling has been attempted and the reset pin has been attempted multiple times. Wiring into it gives the same results. Able to ping the G/W (192.168.0.1) but unable to get out to the internet (8.8.8.8)

Getting a bit desperate, and finding support for Virgin is proving tough. Any suggestions welcome. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to get an update / Outage for 72+ hours

Sounds like you have a fault that only is affecting you but the call centre are trying to pin it down as an area issue
0 Kudos
tormentuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Mine went down to day at 3 same response given said noise and fix by 5th complete lies I think they won't even provide me with reroute or another means to connect. People depend on me been on the net I vol my time, outraged. I'm from the north of England BD11
0 Kudos
jamesb87
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok. Are there any other modes of contact other than the call centre in your experience?

3 out of 3 of the call centre employees, directed me to 0800 561 0061 for a service status update; the automated response tells me I have no issue in my area.

The fault even had a a unique identifier code, that's the most they were willing to confirm over the phone.
0 Kudos
jamesb87
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Just for the communities sake...

No update / no contact from Virgin / nothing. 

0 Kudos
jamesb87
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

get an automated text telling me the issue is resolved. can't even load speedtest when wired into the router...

0 Kudos
jamesb87
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Speedtest.PNG

Genuine speedtest I just about managed to run. 

Can anyone confirm a sensible route to escalate this?! The "Technical Support" team simply instruct me to endlessly power cycle the router. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jamesb87,

Sorry to hear you're connection has been intermittent. I've just checked your connection and can see there is a SNR fault open in the area under ticket F004977689. This will cause your speeds to fluctuate and your connection to drop and is due to close today (Jan 12th) around 2pm. 
Other than the fault your connection looks healthy from the hub. If you continue to see the same issues once the fault is closed let us know and we can take another look for you.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jamesb87
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello John,

Thanks for probably the friendliest comms I've had from VM since 24/12/2016.

I've just got off the phone with them and the issue is apparently still ongoing and is expected to be resolved February 6th.

How on earth do I escalate this / speak to a real human in person? The technical support department have been truly useless and constantly promise call backs but I always end up waiting 10 minutes and going through the rig moral of power cycling the router / checking LEDs.

I'm desperate to ensure this awful service strategy is improved so no one else gets as poor service as I have.

Please help me speak to someone / anyone that can make an actionable change and even send me a report detailing the explanation of issue. Well over a month now.
Njs1
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Would also like to express the same concerns as jamesb87 as it looks like we are in the same area.

I have had to call over 8 times in the last week with regards to service and one rep even had the gaul to promise that my service would be unaffected in the future and my hub number was given to a special team who will be monitoring this and dealing with outages in real time.....

What is most problematic is that waiting over 2 weeks for working internet simply isn't acceptable if you are running a business from home. This is one of the reasons I bought the high speed internet. I need to speak to someone in order to get some kind of temporary solution or a more detailed update than just an SNR problem. The support says it will be intermittent but I haven't had internet for 24 hours now.

What's more the automated messages keep telling me we don't have a problem, the service status website isnt showing anything and running a test just prompts a stock screen saying we are fixing it give us 10 mins.

John/ANYONE please can you help me speak to someone who is not in technical support for me to escalate this to?