Menu
stevieh2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Total lack of customer care

In simple terms, placed order 30.11.2016 - Installed booked for 12.12.2016 - Engineer arrived, moaned extensively that he couldn't do the job because we didn't have drop cable!. Customer services ... rebooked job for END OF FEB 2017!. Managed to get date brought forward to 12th Jan 2017 for drop cable. Cable was installed without notice around 6th January (did not even knock on door!)....

On the 12th, received call from VM engineer trying to find the house to liven up cable. Gave him instructions, he never arrived.

Final install booked for Today, 16th Jan 8am-1pm. Engineer did not turn up. Called them at 12.45, told that engineer could get no reply at our door at 8.24am. We have CCTV, checked it, no one came to our door at all today.

Called again, was told engineer would come later today to install and promised a call back within 1 hour giving time. 2 hours later, no call back, called in, told engineer was definately coming..

2 minutes later, they called, said they are too busy today so it'll have to wait until Wednesday.

CEO has been emailed, we will await a response but as a result of the failed appointment I could not work today, being self employed, this is a loss of £375.00 + VAT, all as a result of the failure of VM to keep to an appointment.

Will I be cancelling the order, probably, they are due on Wednesday, so we will see.

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total lack of customer care

Sadly, VM are a lying load of *********, from the sales people to the CEO's office..

They will do anything to get you to sign a contract, then do everything they can to stop you trying to get what they have 'conned' you into signing for..

'Engineers' (and I use that term very loosely!) are a law unto themselves, and do what they want. Had one sit in his van outside my house for 15 mins, then drove off  without even getting out, then tried to say he couldn't get an answer!! (CCTV, and a neighbour plus I saw him as well!) This, after promising to turn up twice, then never showing..'promised' callbacks never happened (surprise, surprise!)

When one did arrive, didn't have any noted from the 'customer service' (ha, ha, ha ) people, so didn't know what to do, so cleared off!!

Bunch of cowboys, from the CEO down, to the 'sales team' flogging services they can't provide...

Poor company BEFORE the Yanks got their fingers in the till, even worse now..

PS, you will have at least a 2 week wait for anybody from VM to read this post, and probably won't get a reply anyway, until it's too late and you have cancelled!!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
stevieh2016
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total lack of customer care

Yup,

I was with them years ago, can't remember why I left, but I know it wasn't good.

I might have "signed" a contract, but the contract does not start until delivery of the services, you then have a 14 day cooling off period from that date.

Out of principle, I'm not cancelling the order, they can make as many attempts as they need to get it installed, each of which for a failed appointment they will be invoiced a day of my time.

0 Kudos