Menu
catface1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Think Again !!!

I had been a customer of BT for as long as I can remember. Phone, Infinity 2 and TV package.

Virgin Media had been bombarding me with offers to join, which for most times ended in the bin.

However, my contract with BT was about to terminate at the end of October and the new deal they offered me was not acceptable.

So, I contacted Virgin Media.

BIG, BIG MISTAKE.

My main concern was whether I could receive the fibre optic package.

I spoke to at least three agents who assured me that I could receive the service.

I explained that I lived at the end of a private drive shared between my house and my neighbour.

The VM agent stated that my drive was cabled and that installation would be OK.

I explained that I had lived in the house for 12 years and that I had never seen any evidence of the drive being "cabled". I spoke to my neighbour. He already had VM and on this basis, I spoke to VM again and agreed a package.

VM agreed an installation date of 30th November and they contacted BT to terminate my contract with effect from 29th November.

I had been on holiday for two weeks prior to the installation. Whilst I was away, someone (and it must have been VM) sprayed a green arrow about 2 metres along my drive, which I assumed was the position of the duct carrying the fibre optic cable. So obviously, VM had surveyed the installation needed.

On the 30th November, as planned, I had no service from BT. The VM Installation team arrived and asked when the Construction team were coming.

With a shrug of the shoulders, I said I had no idea and that I thought that they would connect me up to VM and that I would have broadband later that day.

From this point onwards, the evasive answers and lies from VM started.

I spent most of the day trying to resolve the issue. I was told that the installation team could not connect me as the "construction" team had not done their work. When I asked why the construction team had not been informed of the need to do the "construction" work, I could not get a straight answer. I was told that it would be 4 to 6 weeks before they could do the work as they needed permission from the local Council. When I explained that I owned the drive and that I gave them permission, I was still fobbed off.

I spoke to a quite helpful (for VM), Customer Services agent and explained the situation. She said she would ring me back no later than 2pm with a response.

Suffice to say, no one rang back.

I then rang and spoke to two further agents (located in India, I suspect) and got nowhere.

In the meantime, I received repeated text messages from VM. Firstly about the installation. When I responded, I received an automated response saying that I would be contacted within 24 hours. Then asking me to rate the service I had received. The responses do not need explanation.

VM this is a JOKE.

Since then, I have received nothing from VM. Zilch, Nada, Rien, absolutely no word of apology or explanation.

I thought that I may be able to retrieve the situation by going back to BT. Not as simple as that. After their people giving me the run-around, I was told that I have to wait for them to "clear" my account, which takes 5 working days and then sign a new contract.

So on Saturday 10th December, I need to contact them, sign a new contract, and wait for them to connect me to the BT network.

Virgin Media, a communications company - you are seriously having a larfff !!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Think Again !!!

I found switching from VM to BT a much easier experience, even though BT needed to install a new line for me. I had been a long time VM customer but they had become a complete and utter joke. Shockingly slow internet speed and comedy promises. Meanwhile they just sign up new people to already overloaded networks..
0 Kudos

All Replies
SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I found switching from VM to BT a much easier experience, even though BT needed to install a new line for me. I had been a long time VM customer but they had become a complete and utter joke. Shockingly slow internet speed and comedy promises. Meanwhile they just sign up new people to already overloaded networks..
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

one bt is more expensive phone line over £20 and a other £25 for internet or up to £30 so costing you more money but make sure you sign up for right one.
two is the cost of repair if the problem lays on your land is £150.
three is routers only have 12 month warrarty.

with virgin media you get unlimited callout with any problem and never cost you a thing as long you with them.

with bt this can be a problem and maybe cost you more in long run

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

But if your VM broadband just isn't working then relative contract cost and free call outs become pretty irrelevant. You need an Internet service that will work

0 Kudos