Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3 (65 Views)

The never ending poor broadband in the greenford area ???

[ Edited ]
Hi I wouldn't know where to start the poor broadband speeds or the ever frustrating trying to call virgin media help centre and after a numerous account number not recognised by "automated service" and then getting cut off midway through the conversation. I was a virgin media over fives years ago and changed providers after the never ending "we are changing the cables in your area and was given too many different dates each and every time I called stretching to nine month .
Early this year I choose virgin media for the vivid 200 gamer thinking their cable upgrade must have done by now first three months was ok but after i started having a really low speeds 3 to 10 mbps at peak times even for example 2day my test showing 90+ mbps but yet still cant have a decent online game and my ping was like roller coaster which made my game unplayable and i will give you one guess what was the answer from the help centre yep we are upgrading the service in your area and the other from 2day was over utilization .
My question is if you have so many customers in one area that you are already failing to supply with decent broadband why take more ???
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (37 Views)

Re: The never ending poor broadband in the greenford area ???

Hi Aliiceman,

I would love to take a look at this for you but I am having trouble locating your connection details. 

Your last log in was from an IP address which doesn't relate to a Virgin Media account, and your sign-up email address is also non-Virgin Media. Consequently I am unable to identify your account. Please pop me a PM with the following information so we can investigate further.

Name on account:

Virgin email address:

Postcode and house number:

Contact number:

We'll be happy to progress things for you once we have received your reply.

Kind Regards,

Emma_E

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (20 Views)

Re: The never ending poor broadband in the greenford area ???

Hi Aliiceman, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the information provided. I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004465068 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 27 SEP 2017. 

This fault seems to be mostly affecting the upstream segments. 

I can also see that your downstream power levels are a touch on the high side which will not be helping you outside of peak hours. 

I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Please be aware the engineer will not be able to resolved the peak time slow speed issues, but they should be able to improve the connection outside of peak hours. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos