Menu
Kagsmuldoon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The extent of cables after installation

Will the engineer nail a lot of cables to skirting boards? This happened when I first had VM installed 8 years ago. My flat is being refurbed and my landlady wants a minimum of mess/damage to the new flat. I will have a smart tv.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: The extent of cables after installation

A lot of it will depend on where the cable is coming into your property and where you are wanting your devices.

If the phone socket, TV box and router are to go where the cable enters the property, then there is no additional cabling required - so nothing to nail along the skirting boards.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A lot of it will depend on where the cable is coming into your property and where you are wanting your devices.

If the phone socket, TV box and router are to go where the cable enters the property, then there is no additional cabling required - so nothing to nail along the skirting boards.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Kagsmuldoon
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the phone socket is on the other side of the room. Is the nailing of cables to skirting boards the only option? I think my landlady will want another solution and that may mean another provider.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The installer won't start pulling up floor board to do it under the floors.

Does the phone socket have to be at the other side of the room ? - As part of the install they will install a new phone socket where you want it to go ?

-

0 Kudos
Kagsmuldoon
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No it doesn't but isn't installing a new phone socket quite a major job? Would it be included in the £99 they have quoted for the engineer and would he have to know about it beforehand? Thanks for your replies. Are you an official VM employee? Can I quote you when the engineer arrives?
0 Kudos