Menu
dunk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a Bunch VM

Well, Thank you and Merry Christmas ๐ŸŽ… Virgin Media.
I guess I'll be having no broadband over the festive period then!! I say 'guess' as I'm still awaiting anything - a letter, an email, or even a text message which has either an explanation or apology regarding this 'outage' (you even have the audacity to still have my online service status as 'No Problem' for broadband).
So, my Granddaughter can spend Christmas morning marvelling at how her shiny new tablet looks in its box, because there's nothing else she can do with it...
Or, maybe she'll try her new Xbox One game - Oh No, wait - she can't log in to her Xbox Live account to sync the games' updates can she....!!
I would like to finish with a 'Thank You' for all of this, and also, to wonder how many Virgin Media bosses etc. will be having the same problem....??
P.S. It's a good job Lego isn't wireless!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thanks a Bunch VM

have you reported the problem to VM? if not they wont know its not working. Problems happen and christmas wont stop problems.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey there dunk,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for the loss of service that you experienced over the Christmas period, I know it's inconvenient.

I've just checked your connection and I can see there's an open SNR fault which should be resolved by the 11th Jan. It's been on-going for a while but the engineer are working to fix it.

Please keep in touch with us and if you need us to check or test anything, just ask.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

dunk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply Heather.
I am beginning to lose patience to be honest, with the 'update' texts being the last straw...
Remember, I was told in December what the fault was, yet the first text on the 4th Jan stated 'The problem has now been identified and an engineer is on their way, but it will now be 6th Jan before completion.' Then, on the 6th (surprise, surprise) another update text stating - 'The problem has now been identified and an engineer is on their way, but it will now be 11th Jan before completion.' The same text. Really!!
As my problem was first ticketed on 15th Dec, that will take me to 28 days (yes, FOUR WEEKS) and still no fix.
And, the final insult.... What have I received so far from VM for
(a) A ruined Christmas.
(b) The ignamony of having to go to a McDonalds to use their free wifi for banking and bills.
(c) No broadband since 15th Dec last year??
ยฃ13 credit....... And you wonder why I'm annoyed.
davidbashford
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Agree - that completely sucks

DavidGB
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dunk,

Thanks for posting back, I'm really sorry for the ongoing fault and the knock-on effect this has had. I can only begin to imagine how frustrating that must've been Smiley Sad

On a positive note - it appears the SNR issue has been resolved. When testing your connection however, I've noticed your hub's power levels are out of spec across all downstream and upstream channels. Are you still suffering from problems? I think it'd be best to get an engineer dispatched at this point to have a proper look at things your end.

I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can get some more details and schedule an appropriate time for an appointment. Drop me a reply whenever's convenient and I'll get that booked in asap.

Speak soon!

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey dunk,

Thanks for getting back to my PM Smiley Happy

Just to let you know I've now booked an engineer and sent you a PM to confirm.

Let us know how it goes!

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos