Menu
Marksherriff
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Take over service

I am moving into a property with virgin media how long does it take to get a service up for me, i am not a current customer as i am moving from abroad. Thx

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
JibberJabber
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Take over service

Hi If you get your order placed in plenty of time then I have always found the installation/activation to be very quick. Just make 100% sure the property is cabled for Virgin. I moved in to a rented property last year which was on Virgins books as being cabled, only to find the most recent Sky installer had ripped out all the Virgin cables. Credit to Virgin, they had someone out within a few days to refit all the cables. Good luck.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can't take over an existing service unless you know the existing users and have been resident there for about six months. You will have to apply as a new customer, select the services/packages you want and wait for VM to complete their checks on you. All applicants are credit checked. You might be able to opt for a self-install option and you will be sent the kit which you rent from VM but will be uniquely identified to your account.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
JibberJabber
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi If you get your order placed in plenty of time then I have always found the installation/activation to be very quick. Just make 100% sure the property is cabled for Virgin. I moved in to a rented property last year which was on Virgins books as being cabled, only to find the most recent Sky installer had ripped out all the Virgin cables. Credit to Virgin, they had someone out within a few days to refit all the cables. Good luck.
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You will likely get a better deal and shiny new V6 box as a new customer. I would not accept an old Tivo, like many mines rubbish.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If there is an active account at the address then you will not be able to order until the current active account has been closed. 

Also the chances of you passing the credit check are vary slim. Thus would have to opt for the more expensive 30 Day rolling contract.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos