Menu
sailor48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV wifi connection kept dropping and now will not reconnect.

I have a 6 month old Sony Bravia smart TV. Up until the last few days I have enjoyed good Wi-Fi.  The Wi-Fi started to drop with increasing frequency. Following an area shutdown all other devices reconnected successfully but my TV can no longer find the SuperHub or recognise the SSID for either 2G or 5G. Connection by WPS button is similarly unsuccessful. As a double whammy I am unable to access my hub settings! 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV wifi connection kept dropping and now will not reconnect.

I know this sounds obvious but have you restarted the hub, left off for around 10 minutes at least?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey sailor48,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that your smart TV won't connect at the moment, this sounds frustrating. I wonder if you've tried changing your operating wireless channel yet? If not, you might find this helps with your wireless range and with that could get your TV back up and running. We've got a help article on how to change your Hub's wireless channel. Could you please have a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks again for your post,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I know this sounds obvious but have you restarted the hub, left off for around 10 minutes at least?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey sailor48,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that your smart TV won't connect at the moment, this sounds frustrating. I wonder if you've tried changing your operating wireless channel yet? If not, you might find this helps with your wireless range and with that could get your TV back up and running. We've got a help article on how to change your Hub's wireless channel. Could you please have a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks again for your post,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

sailor48
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tried switching hub on and off. No improvement. Problem now solved by Virgin Tech after 2 hour call. Problem with wifi range extenders which prevented reconnection after area wifi shutdown.

0 Kudos