Menu
mpdunford
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub

My 3 year old superhub 2 needs rebooting a lot recently, and is seemingly having trouble connecting back to the network, when I connect wirelessly its always asking for the password. My daughters are constantly asking me to reset the router

I have checked it out online, but the check comes back ok

I think the hub may need replacing

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub

Hi mpdunford,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear your having Superhub trouble.

It does sound like your Superhub might be on it's last legs! I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and sort this out for you.

Speak soon! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So when the hub 3 has been around for 3 years their will be a new one where the Latency is not so bad....but its Christmas so maybe...just maybe it will be fixed!

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The problem with the SH3 is down to the Chipset. The intel Puma 6 is to blame, its affecting ISP around the planet.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/03/intel_puma_chipset_firmware_fix/

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if true, that knocks virgin out of the gamer market

reverting to HUB 2 will not be an option as they have discontinued manufacture, and as they will not allow  folks on the gamer package to downgrade their hub.

and a firmware upgrade can take months to happen , if at all. first it will take x months for them to admit there is an issue, y months to dither about what to do, z months to code & deploy the update.... insert your own best guesses for x,y, z.

but it is not clear from that link, whether going into modem mode with a separate 3rd party router can bypass the problem ?

0 Kudos