Menu
kwong
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Superhub reset by itself

My superhub reset itself to factory defaults twice in a month. Didn't pay attention the first time but this time I had a look the log and noticed there is an error in SW upgrade error. Please see attached image. Any idea what caused the failure? I would like to resolve this issue as I have customised settings and it becomes inconvenience to reconfigure the settings when it reset itself. Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (contains MAC address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
kwong
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub reset by itself

Thanks. I can wait for 2 weeks and shall backup my settings.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

kwong wrote:

My superhub reset itself to factory defaults twice in a month.
The hub is failing, you'd get a hub 3.0 to replace it.

Either call 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 2 -> Report a Broadband fault. Explain the problem and tell them to send out a new hub.

Or make the same request via the Webchat. Using a laptop/desktop. Between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa: Broadband -> Service fault -> Chat online. When it says the agents are busy, reload the page every three minutes and check again. Repeatedly. Until you get through to an agent.

Alternatively, wait two weeks for a reply from a member of the Forum team. They can get a replacement sent out to you.

Once ordered, a replacement will take 3 to 5 working days to reach you.

Didn't pay attention the first time but this time I had a look the log and noticed there is an error in SW upgrade error.
That's just the hub rejecting firmware which isn't designed for it. Normal (good) behavior of a hub. Wouldn't want a hub accepting the wrong firmware and in the process bricking itself.

The other errors are interesting though, can you share the upstream and downstream stats?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
kwong
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke. Just contacted the help team and explained the problem via Webchat but the technician can't see anything wrong with my hub. He ask me to monitor the hub for a few days??? So how do I get a replacement?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

kwong wrote:

Thanks Shelke. Just contacted the help team and explained the problem via Webchat but the technician can't see anything wrong with my hub. He ask me to monitor the hub for a few days??? So how do I get a replacement?

Ah, the webchat - they're hit and miss in terms of support. Since they didn't help - if you wait up to two weeks, a member of the favicon.png Forum Team will respond here to your topic. They can get a new hub sent out to you.

In the meantime: Sign into the hub -> Advanced settings. Go with the backup/restore option (if it is still there) and backup the hub's config. The next time the reset to defaults happens, you can reload the settings back easily by pointing the restore option at the config file you backed up.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
kwong
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks. I can wait for 2 weeks and shall backup my settings.

0 Kudos
kwong
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, almost 2 months now and no contacts from the support team. What shall I do now? Problem still intermittent.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning kwong,

Thanks for posting on the community.

Apologies for the late reply and that the router is resetting itself. 

I can arrange a replacement router to be sent to you to resolve this issue. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your name and address please, I will order this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning kwong,

Thanks for the reply and confirming your details, I appreciate it.

I’ve arranged a replacement hub to be sent to your home address which you will receive within the next few days. You will need to call through to us for activation. Just a reminder that the wireless settings will be different, however it will be written underneath the router.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide