Menu
Highlighted
funkyuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Superhub has reset to factory defaults 3 times in the past month

HI community,

My superhub reset itself to factory default a few weeks ago, once again last week on 16th November and again this morning. 

I called virgin support this morning, and the tech escalated to second line support, who told him that it was due to a server upgrade.  I queried what this had to do with my router, and then he said something along the lines of virgin's servers pushed out new firmware (which causes a factory reset).

When this happened last week (on the 16th) I took screen shots of most of the screens in the superhub UI as this was the second time i've had to reconfigure my superhub.  I checked the software version this morning compared to [what I had screenshot] last week, and the version I'm on is still V2.39.02 - which is where it was a week ago on Monday

So this mornings reset was not as a result of a software update? 

When did version V2.39.02 come out?  does this update impact all users?  why has this never happened before with previous updates

I feel fobbed off.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub has reset to factory defaults 3 times in the past month

V2.39.02 came out many months ago (you have been fobbed off.) It is nothing to do with firmware - what it does have everything to do with is that your Superhub 1 has started to fail. Eventually auto restore to factory defaults occurrences will go from that 3 times a month to 5+ times a day.

A Forum Team member can issue you with a replacement, but it will be about up to three days before one of the picks up on your topic.

In the meantime, once your hub is up and running. Login to it, go into advanced settings then the back & restore option. Backup the running config. Next time it crashes, you can restore the config using the backed up config file. You can also use the config file on the replacement Superhub 1 you get to get it running as intended quickly as possible.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

V2.39.02 came out many months ago (you have been fobbed off.) It is nothing to do with firmware - what it does have everything to do with is that your Superhub 1 has started to fail. Eventually auto restore to factory defaults occurrences will go from that 3 times a month to 5+ times a day.

A Forum Team member can issue you with a replacement, but it will be about up to three days before one of the picks up on your topic.

In the meantime, once your hub is up and running. Login to it, go into advanced settings then the back & restore option. Backup the running config. Next time it crashes, you can restore the config using the backed up config file. You can also use the config file on the replacement Superhub 1 you get to get it running as intended quickly as possible.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
funkyuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate that Shelke,  Many thanks. 

Do I just leave the post here for a forum team member to pickup, or do I have to flag it?

As for backing up the running conf,  yeah, I almost did that last week, but never did..... doh.....

cheers mate

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

funkyuk wrote:

Appreciate that Shelke,  Many thanks. 

Do I just leave the post here for a forum team member to pickup, or do I have to flag it?

Yeap just leave the topic as is and it will automatically be picked up on by a Forum Team member. Also, delayed reply sorry - I had phone calls to deal with.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi funkyuk

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that the Super Hub is resetting itself back to factory settings, I can imagine how frustrating this can be.

I would like to send you a replacement router to help resolve this issue. I've sent you a PM (blue envelope, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can send this to you.

Hope to hear from you soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

andrew-g6otz
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes the same happened to me today tech support said it was due to a firmware upgrade. but it has happened a second time since that call this morning !! Smiley Sad

Um not a happy camper.

Andrew

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Andrew, 

Thanks for posting, welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Apologies that you're also experiencing a resetting Superhub, I know this can be a real nuisance. 

I've sent you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can discuss this further and if necessary, make arrangements for a replacement. Please check your inbox when you get a moment. 

Speak with you very soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bobbond
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem with my superhub, keeps reverting to factory defaults, can I be sent a new superhub, software = v2.39.02

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobbond

Welcome to the forum. I'm very sorry to hear that you are experiencing similar issues with your hub, I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner)  so we can get this looked into.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
applemad
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub has reset to factory defaults

This is unbelievably annoying, this has now happened to me and I had absolutely tons of manual routing configurations for various servers and devices in my house which I now have to manually re-instate, I had no idea that Virgin would just do upgrades without first asking you if you wanted to and without doing a configuration backup before installing, how ridiculous!

0 Kudos