Menu
Joh-120
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Superhub green light

Hi,

My wifi is down since Friday. It began crashing here and there since Wednesday. I had to call VM support 5 times to get a proper (sounds like) answer! One of the agent refused to send an engineer saying they don't do it for that. I regret I did not leave as I said I would.

Anyway I could see the network icon but there was no traffic (support was saying everything was fine on their end) Now the wan button blinks green and I have no internet at all. The last agent I talked to decided to send me a new hub but I wonder now if this will resolve the issue.
I checked the logs and the power level was -11.73. I rebooted several times but no luck. Do you think it's an issue with the hub (2.0) or the installation itself that would require an engineer?
I should receive the new hub on Monday/Tuesday and I am supposed to install it myself but if this is another issue then I might loose even more time.

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub green light

Do please post your upstream and downstream power levels in full (copy/paste).

By reference to the information in this link, you might get a better idea yourself of what's wrong.
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/POWER-LEVELS-and-SNR-A-TECHNICAL-PRIMER-up...

Your downstream power level will not sustain Internet and if the upstream hits 54dBmv then there's one of:

1. A loose coax connection (you can check that);
2. Your hub's on the blink;
3. There is a locality fault (perhaps check with your neighbours).

Keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Joh-120
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sephiroth,

Here are the logs. The signal came back to blue but the traffic is slow (I am waiting for the new box - they confirm the delivery but did it to the wrong place...). 

0 Kudos
Joh-120
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

IMG_1152.PNG

0 Kudos
Joh-120
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for posting in several posts but it was not going through

IMG_1154.PNG

0 Kudos
Joeldawid
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have the same problem.
My downstream is Power Level (dBmV) -0.92 and my upstream is N/A.

What does this mean?

Cheers
Joel
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Joh-120,

Thanks for getting in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your connection. I've just checked and I can see your Hub is offline. Do you have it turned on at the moment? If so, we might have a fault on our hands. If you've lost all connectivity, please drop me a PM so I can continue to investigate.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Joeldawid wrote:
Hi I have the same problem.
My downstream is Power Level (dBmV) -0.92 and my upstream is N/A.

What does this mean?

Cheers
Joel

I'll reply to the upstream issue.  Of 4 channels theoretically available, you have been configured with 2; that's normal and eventually you'll be on 4 when they upgrade capacity.  However, your upstream power was showing 54dBmv.  This is the point at which the modem resets and you lose connection for a short while.

If it's still the case that power level reaches 54dBmv then you still have a problem.  My earlier reply should thus be considered in addition to any help that the VM bods here can offer.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Joh-120
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Heather,

I have sent you a PM to explain the situation.

Thank you again for your help!

Have a nice weekend :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joh-120, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're having issues with no internet and a flashing green light, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to test your connection from here today but I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos