Menu
GillyAnn466
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Superhub broken?

I have had a Superhub for 3 or 4 years now and had no problems with it until the past 4 months.

A few times a day the wi-fi will cut out and no devices will connect. Sometimes the network won't even show on the available networks list. The wired connection to main PC is better but still at least once a week this cuts out too. Having to reset the router every few hours is annoying to say the least.

I have spoken to Virgin by phone and, typically, when they did their remote checks they said it all looked fine and it should be ok from then on. When it wasn't they were supposed to send someone out but noone showed.

Any advice? Should i try again to get an engineer or does it sound like the router has had it and i should ask for a replacement?

Bit wary of the last as i see lots of people have said they were charged for a replacement but it clearly is faulty equipment so don't think that should be correct...

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub broken?

Hello GillyAnn466,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection, it certainly sounds frustrating.

Checking your connection, your power levels etc all look normal so I think the best option would be to replace your equipment as you have had it for a few years. Please confirm your delivery address via PM and I'll place an order for you.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
GillyAnn466
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bump.. anyone? please?

0 Kudos
GillyAnn466
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just an update, recently over the last week the WiFi has been cutting out at 10pm every evening and will remain unavailable for up to 4 hours.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello GillyAnn466,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection, it certainly sounds frustrating.

Checking your connection, your power levels etc all look normal so I think the best option would be to replace your equipment as you have had it for a few years. Please confirm your delivery address via PM and I'll place an order for you.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out