Menu
Prentice457
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub - blue light constantly flashing

For the last week, the blue LED of the three on the front display of the hub has been continuously flashing rapidly. This occurs whether I have any devices connected or not.

When it started happening, I called customer services who suggested that it may have been related to works in my area... assuring me that it should cease by 16th November. The date came and went and it continued.

Today, a week on, I contacted CS again and this time was put through to a technical team. The operative suggested I hard reset the hub for 40 seconds and I did. Hub restarted as normal. Flashing continues. The operative then told me that this flashing was normal, despite me explaining it was the first time I had seen it.

I have had this hub for 3 yrs and 10months, and this is the first time I have experienced this flashing. I am not wholly convinced it is 'normal' (usually, the 3 lights are just 'static' and lit without flashing if no devices are connected). It is distracting as hell and I was hoping someone could advise me what is going on, and if it can be made to stop.

Speeds appear normal, no affect on downloads etc. Just very annoying to have the light flash like that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub - blue light constantly flashing

Hello Prentice457,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

You can find out what your lights are meant to do by taking a look at the info on this article - What do the lights on a router mean?

I did check your connection and noticed that your SNR was high so I think it's best we get an engineer around to check that out.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm an appointment.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MonikaC
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey. I've got same problem. Also slow broadband. Tired calling CS but line was so bad I hang up. Calles again and lines were busy. Tried online chat, everyone is busy as well. Can I get some help? I can't use online facilities needed for my university. Thanks. Monika
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MonikaC,

Thanks for getting in touch with us Smiley Happy

With your version of Superhub (1) the blue light is meant to flash when in use, so that's completely normal.

Everything looks normal from our end, have you tried changing your wireless channel yet?

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Prentice457 wrote:

When it started happening, I called customer services who suggested that it may have been related to works in my area... assuring me that it should cease by 16th November. The date came and went and it continued.

Thats likely what happen but may not cease, the given CMTS it likely sending ARP scanning it should not cause any problems but given your likely in router mode with a SH1 is any ones guess.

SH1 is fine in modem mode should you choose to get your own router should you not be doing so.

0 Kudos