Menu
boxman80
Joining in
Message 1 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Superhub Ethernet Ports Not Working

Hi,I recently moved homes and had a new superhub installed but my ethernet ports dont work on it. They briefly worked for a couple of days then suddenly died. I cant even access the superhub settings page (192.186.0.1) from my pc connected via the lan connection.

Ive had a quick scan through the forums for similar problems and tried the following;

Ive reset the modem (using the pin hole reset)

Ive turned off the ip flood detection

checked DHCP is enabled

Its NOT in modem mode

Ive tried multipleethernet cables

ive tried connecting multiple pc/laptops

Seems typical as the first superhub I had insalled at my previous home had problems with wireless that I eventually sorted out (after weeks of strife!) and now a diffrent super hub gives me wireless but no ethernet! I feel like I'm on Beadles about!

Any advice>>??

0 Kudos
boxman80
Joining in
Message 2 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub Ethernet Ports Not Working

I phoned the Support line and sone Indian gentleman told me that there is no problem with the super hub as the wireless is working and it must be a cable problem. I assured him I had tried upto 5 diffrent cables now on 3 diffrent windows devices and the best he could come up with was to disconnect and reconnect the LAN settings in Windows...... brilliant, I'm stuck back at square one now only several pounds out of pocket for 20 minutes worth of a "technical support" phone call. 

Where do I go from here if Virgin's own technical support team can't even be **bleep**d to assist? This to me looks like a hardware problem or at the very least some sort of setting I have missed or don't have access to! Does anyone even read these boards anymore?

0 Kudos
David_Smale
Dialled in
Message 3 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Hi boxman80,

I have sent you a Private Message. We'll be happy to progress things for you once we have received your reply.

Kind Regards,

David_Smale
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
0 Kudos
pjproche
Joining in
Message 4 of 178
Flag for a moderator

I am getting the same issue. Wireless connection works fine but I cannot get a wired connetcion with the superhub. There is no light on the back of the superhub when I plug in an ethernet cable.

Please let me know what info you need and I will supply it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Dean_A_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Hello boxman80

Have you responded to David's private message? Can you let us know what is happening please?

Kind regards,

Dean_A_W

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Dean_A_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Hello pjproche

I'm sorry your experiencing issues with your superhub. If you can provide a bit more information please. Have you pinhole reset the hub? Have you also tried an alternate Ethernet cable? If so, and the issue is still persisting we will be more than happy to replace the superhub for you.

Kind regards,

Dean_A_W

0 Kudos
ForumAccount012
Up to speed
Message 7 of 178
Flag for a moderator

For the brief moments I had the Superhub in router mode I experienced exactly the same issue; the ethernet connections simply did not work. Switch to modem mode and it works perfectly. Clearly not an issue with the cable, computer, or even the port on the Superhub. The firmware was the problem.

0 Kudos
profgdk
Joining in
Message 8 of 178
Flag for a moderator

David

I am a new user with a super hub and have the wired ports issue.  I have had my device since Friday last week and so far I have three issues;

cannot use wired ports, cannot access web interface of router and intermittent connection drops circa 5/6 per day.

TV works fine and broadband speed as expected, both up and down.

So far I have;

reset router back to factory, this fixes router access for a short while

turning router off for 60 seconds also fixes router access for a short while

I cannot get wired ports (currently showing orange) to work at all even though I am in normal hub mode and not modem.

The router is the second device installed as the first did not function at all.  Do you think it could be another faulty unit, if so how do I go about replacing?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

GDK

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Dai_T
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Hi profgdk, 

I'm very sorry to see you've been experiencing issues with your Ethernet ports. The orange light indicates the speed of the connection orange being 10mb-100mb. This means that your network card is capable of those speeds. This would indicate that the fault is not with the ethernet cable or the port itself.

Does this issue occur on more than one machine?

Dai_T

0 Kudos
profgdk
Joining in
Message 10 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Dai

thanks. Unfortunately yes, both the TiVo unit, NAS and DVD player are inaccessible when plugged into any three of the four ports.

in the console when I can access the UI I can see they are connected and registered by the unit, but they cannot access the Internet ans I cannot access them from my router.

cheers

profgdk

0 Kudos