cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 internal network address

gingfuzz
Joining in

I have currently just had virgin out into my address and to my dismay I have found I can not change my internal ip address for the network in the superhub 3. I have always detested using default setting in any router I have bought or have used. I have my whole network manually set with ip addresses, I don't like using the range 192.168.*.* is there anyway of changing the setting to match all of my already set ip addresses across my network?

many thanks

233 REPLIES 233

Has anyone got an answer to accessing the SH3 admin page when the default gateway is 192.168.1.1 yet? I want to update a few port forwarding rules now, so this new-firmware bug has become more than the mild irritation it was before.

Andre

192.168.100.1 which is the modem listener MIGHT work.

But then again, VM might have broken that too.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

From my laptop connected directly to the SH3 I can't access the admin page via 192.168.100.1, 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.

Before trying, I did manually set the laptop's IP address and default gateway to match with the IP range of the address I was trying to view (since the SH3's DHCP server is currently disabled and the laptop otherwise came up with some totally random IP address).

Andre

Hello all, thank you to all that have placed updates in this thread. I got my SH3 a few days ago after problems with my SH2 (VMDG485). Followed Eddy's update and successfully changed my base DHCP IP to 192.168.2.1 to match my other LAN devices including baby monitor, IP cameras and CCTV DVR. My firmware is at 9.1.116V so it is possible to change the IP at this software revision. I also have access to my router's home/admin page too. I will monitor and keep you informed if it changes!! 🙂

@Optic-Sp0ck wrote:

My firmware is at 9.1.116V so it is possible to change the IP at this software revision. 

That's quite old firmware so I guess your SH3 has been sitting on a shelf for a while. Be prepared for it to break when Virgin next "upgrade" your device.

Andre

@andrewilley wrote:

@Optic-Sp0ck wrote:

My firmware is at 9.1.116V so it is possible to change the IP at this software revision. 

That's quite old firmware so I guess your SH3 has been sitting on a shelf for a while. Be prepared for it to break when Virgin next "upgrade" your device.

Andre

While 9.1.116V was indeed released on Beta Trial (NMS push) mid 2016, it didn't appear to complete it's Public release (via TFTP) to all regions until Jan 2017?  

AFAIK 116V is still the latest/current (TFTP released) firmware and there were a number of  f/w versions since TFTP production release 9.1.88J5 back in late2015/early2016 so even if VM were shipping 88S or 88T then the units would still attempt TFTP update to 116V and thus this version does not definitively prove the OP's "SH3 has thus been sitting on shelf"  since mid 2016?

Question is what level was your SH3 shipped at (assuming you were able to check before any software upgrade?), what version is it now and was that via (NMS or TFTP) release?  As VM/CPE Firmware Team tend to rollout TFTP newer releases by region it's always possible that assuming you're not restricted by NDA/Trial participation then you may have a newer firmware version to support your "guess on shelf-life"?

enquiring minds......   

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

hi eddy29 could you explain to me as well, I need to do the same. thanks.

@adilsonbento wrote:
hi eddy29 could you explain to me as well, I need to do the same. thanks.

All explained here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Superhub-3-internal-network-address/m-p/31...

and

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Superhub-3-internal-network-address/m-p/31...

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

@andrewilley wrote:

Has anyone got an answer to accessing the SH3 admin page when the default gateway is 192.168.1.1 yet? I want to update a few port forwarding rules now, so this new-firmware bug has become more than the mild irritation it was before.

Andre

OK, so now I need to update some UDP port-forwarding rules to my NAS (running locally as 192.168.1.5). So I will now need to access the router admin page, which sits at my network gateway address of 192.168.1.1. However, as we know, Virgin broke access to the SuperHub's admin page with a recent-ish firmware update.

I'm obviously not going to phone Virgin Support in India (I doubt I'd even be able to get the problem explained to them reliably, let alone find a solution) so please could someone from Support here register this issue and look into finding a solution please?

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is putting the 'Super'Hub into limited Modem mode and buying a separate wireless access point that properly supports such a basic function as setting its base IP address (i.e. anything at all apart from Virgin's equipment) but I don't see why that should be at my cost when it's Virgin's c*ck up.

Andre

I just used the guide on page 2, in order to change the internal ip to 192.168.1.1... I managed to get the router/hub to change it's IPO to the right one (192.168.1.1), but for some reason the DHCP server is still giving out IPS on the old subnet (192.168.0.xx)... Any idea why this is, and what i can do to fix it?

Standard specification compliant: DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware version: 10
Software version: 9.1.116V