cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 internal network address

gingfuzz
Joining in

I have currently just had virgin out into my address and to my dismay I have found I can not change my internal ip address for the network in the superhub 3. I have always detested using default setting in any router I have bought or have used. I have my whole network manually set with ip addresses, I don't like using the range 192.168.*.* is there anyway of changing the setting to match all of my already set ip addresses across my network?

many thanks

233 REPLIES 233

I have tried this but unfortunately it doesnt work.. i get confirmations back..

{
"1.3.6.1.4.1.4115.1.20.1.1.9.0":"1"
}

but the settings never change. even after reboot.

I'm trying to set 100.0.0.x

I have servers running on this range, so i really need the SH3 to change!!

@StephenStern wrote:

I'm trying to set 100.0.0.x

I have servers running on this range, so i really need the SH3 to change!!

Can't you just edit them to use 192.168.0.x ?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dont really fancy changing a domain controller, exchange server, host, idrac, cameras or any of the other devices hanging around.

In this day and age to restrict this is ludicrous.

@StephenStern wrote:

Dont really fancy changing a domain controller, exchange server, host, idrac, cameras or any of the other devices hanging around.

In this day and age to restrict this is ludicrous.

More so then you not getting your own router setup for the setup you say you have?

Why should i.. there is no other router i have come across in 13 years plus of IT which doesnt allow you to change the IP config.

Yes i could go spend a few hundred on a proper decent router, but i shouldnt have to. As others have said.

Anyway, i dont want to discuss the possibilities of buying other routers.. only simply if anyone had got any ideas for changing the IP on this router.

All I can say is that the above method worked for me (I have my router running as 192.168.1.1).

However sadly I don't think you'll get much help from Virgin, I certainly didn't a year ago anyway.

Andre

Maybe it's 100.0.0.x it Doesn't like...

Could anyone test on theirs? If possible.

Why not try a simpler address (with the router directly connected to a laptop so it can map itself to the right subnet).

Andre

I did do it over WiFi.. I was being lazy and didn't want to go downstairs..

I can't... As above. Devices and servers are setup with addresses in I'100....

You seem to keep saying 100.0.0.x which for a LAN to NAT to the internet you should not use because you then can not connect to some where with 100. IP