Menu
j_hinckley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 Web Interface Issues

Hi All,

Installed the new Superhub 3.0 yesterday (upgraded from a SH 2).  The web interface for changing the settings is very poor and has bugs (compared to the SH2).

1. MAC Filtering - I need to restrict 2 devices to certain times of the day.  I have added the 2 devices (by MAC address) but the time selection is so poor it is unusable, so you have to use the days option.  However, this does NOT work and the devices still work outside of the hours selected.

2. There aren't as many SSIDs.  The SH2 had 2 guests and a primary each for the 2.4 and 5 GHz and now there is only 1 primary each and a single guest.  Why the backwards step?  I used the full set in the SH2 for separating devices, now I can't

3. DHCP Reserved List - Trying to reserve an IP address causes the web interface to go back to the login page.  This is a bug!

4. There isn't a backup option so you cannot backup the SH settings

5. The MAC filtering has numerous entries which say "steerlist - invalid entry".  I have added all my devices into the MAC filtering to give me more security as a device must exist in this list to be able to connect.  However, why are all my devices listed with many entries which say "steerlist"?  I have tried deleting these and they just come back.

Is anyone else really unhappy with this so called upgrade?

NOT happy.

John

Helpful Answers
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 3 Web Interface Issues

Check you have the latest firmware installed, it should be 9.1.116V

Yes, the Hub 3 is slow and buggy, but it's all you get. If you require anything other than a get you going home device, I suggest Modem Mode and but yourself a decent Router. It really will save you a lot of heartache in the long run. I've had all three (Super)Hubs and always used Modem Mode and my own networking kit.

Despite what VM ads would say, in my opinion, the Hub 3 is built to a price point to suit the business, not the consumer.

All Replies
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Check you have the latest firmware installed, it should be 9.1.116V

Yes, the Hub 3 is slow and buggy, but it's all you get. If you require anything other than a get you going home device, I suggest Modem Mode and but yourself a decent Router. It really will save you a lot of heartache in the long run. I've had all three (Super)Hubs and always used Modem Mode and my own networking kit.

Despite what VM ads would say, in my opinion, the Hub 3 is built to a price point to suit the business, not the consumer.

j_hinckley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Adduxi

Can you recommend a router?  Also, I assume I need a Cable Router?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Routers are very much a personal choice, but I lean towards ASUS.  Others swear by Linksys.

I've had a couple of different ones, and they have been a good choice for me, especially when flashed with Merlin firmware.

It's all down to costs at the end of the day.

Best to read some reviews and work out which features will suit your network needs and budget.

Good Luck !

Oh, and yes, it will have to be a Router for Cable Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
j_hinckley
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If anyone from Virgin Media reads these forums, would you like to comment on the reported issues in my post please?

I pay a significant amount of money to Virgin every month for this service and the Superhub 3.0 is worse than the original Superhub.

Can you not sort these bugs out and release a half decent web interface which works?

Thanks.

John

0 Kudos
j_hinckley
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, confirmed.  This is the firmware version I have.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Grizzlehound
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You may want to take a look at this https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31122204-SB6190-Puma6-TCP-UDP-Network-Latency-Issue-Discussion~sta... if you still have your old superhub I'd recommend getting that reactivated the superhub 3 is basically a pile of steaming ****