Menu
chelsbun
Joining in
Message 1 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac disconnects

Following software update to v2 last night, now this morning every 20 minutes the Internet stops working. A reboot fixes it for 20mins but then rinse and repeat. Please advise.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac disconnects

I've had the same problem this morning here in Epsom.  Following a power cut last night I turned the SH2ac back on this morning to find it had updated to V2.  Same as you, constant disconnections and T4s.  It took several attempts to get both Upstream channels to lock successfully.  It's a bit early to say yet but after several reboots it does seem to have settled down.  I'm keeping an eye on my BQM graph which also confirms the packet losses have stopped and I've got much smoother latency now.  We'll see what the rest of the day brings.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
chelsbun
Joining in
Message 3 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I thought it stank of a faulty firmware upgrade. I rang Virgin and they fobbed me off with "sent signals to your router and made some changes", and that i should leave it half an hour and it will start working. Which means they've done nothing. I've got an engineer booked in for Monday as well just in case.
0 Kudos
chelsbun
Joining in
Message 4 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Oh and I'm in Sutton, so it could be a local issue? Area 03
0 Kudos
chelsbun
Joining in
Message 5 of 99
Flag for a moderator

How's your connection, I've had a few more dropouts.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 99
Flag for a moderator

chelsbun wrote:
How's your connection, I've had a few more dropouts.

Touch wood and whistle, it's now perfect.  BQM is showing no dropouts and latency is very low whilst my speeds down and up are maxing out.  You may just have to do what I did and keep rebooting the hub until the router status data looks good.

BTW, I'm using my SH2ac in Modem Mode.  Are you using your in Router Mode and if so, have you checked to see whether your hub is now broadcasting a public Wi-Fi SSID since the software change?

Electron
0 Kudos
chelsbun
Joining in
Message 7 of 99
Flag for a moderator

I'm rebooting eahc time, post RS have stopped climbing but Pre going up. All levels look in range, and speeds/latency are OK, it just stops!

In Router mode. All WiFi are still WPA2, no guests turned on as before.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 99
Flag for a moderator

chelsbun wrote:
I'm rebooting eahc time, post RS have stopped climbing but Pre going up. All levels look in range, and speeds/latency are OK, it just stops!

In Router mode. All WiFi are still WPA2, no guests turned on as before.

Ah no, I wasn't referring to Guests.  I'm not sure but I think the V2 software is to enable the new Public Hotspot feature that VM are supposedly rolling out whereby your router broadcasts an open SSID for any VM user who has opted into the scheme to use part of your broadband-width.  I didn't like the idea of complete strangers sitting outside my property using my service so I opted out but they can't use me anyway because I'm in Modem Mode.

Check the SSID's in range and see if a new one has just sprung up which could be emanating from your hub.

Electron
0 Kudos
chelsbun
Joining in
Message 9 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Ah. No there doesn't seem to be any new networks in range. Still concerned that we have newer firmware than listed in the forums as latest!
0 Kudos
chelsbun
Joining in
Message 10 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Stable for an hour then it dropped =[
0 Kudos