Menu
PoorShow
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2AC terrible router - follow on

Following my original thread about this Superhub 2AC router, it is as if the Gremlins are now getting their own back.

This came about during a chance conversation with my son...where I was recently bemoaning having again to reboot the router - when it decided to drop all wireless connections.
Seems he has also had to regularly reboot the router, when he is the only person in the house.

So we decided to record (approx.) the times we are having to reboot.

Aver the last two months - 10 complete reboots to re-instate connectivity.

And I am going to be paying more - when they provide my "improved" service.

mmmmm.......might be time to move provider................

If they cannot maintain a consistent connection, what chance do I have.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2AC terrible router - follow on

Hi PoorShow

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and there have been no time-outs reported since the router has been online.

When the broadband disconnects do any of the lights change on the router at all? Does this happen on wired devices also?

The next time you notice this can you try to log into the router and post some information for me please. To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PoorShow
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just thought, as I was passing, on another matter.

I would update this thread, I originally started 10 months ago.

I have and am being very patient with this "Super" router, that I have to reboot almost every week to two weeks. As I tend most times to be passing the router, I now recognise the urgent flashing of the lights on the front, I no longer need to check that it is still connected - and just do a reboot.

However, others in the family are fed up with this not working.

I have reported it several times over the last few weeks, (it failed again tonight after 5 days hence the post), there seems to be a simple language barrier, between me describing the issue and the agent - in whatever far-flung country they are in.
I describe the issue as thus. My connection - via the router to the outside word has dropped and I constantly have to reboot. - simple!!!
I now have to wait while they go through all the reassurances that they WILL resolve the issue.......then they pretend to change the channels, bandwidth, frequency....of my router - see the pattern here. Changing it to modem and back etc.
There is nothing wrong with the "internal" network. I set this up myself and if I want to point everything out through my phone... it will still work...though a pain to set up...however the agent insists on "tweaking" the router settings.

Their solution -
"the router should be routinely restarted every week" this is how they are set to work.
"I may have too many computers on"
"the router is too close to the microwave"

The previous router, which this one replaced - I think I only switched it off a couple of times in all its life here - and that was when I was re-siting it.

I just thought I would give you a laugh. ;¬))

0 Kudos
PoorShow
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As you suggested.

Next time and in future...I will grab the logs and post them.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Woooahhh....

thread-necromancy.png

You might want to follow through the troubleshooting, that way we can work out whats going on. How are you connecting to the HUB? How many devices?

0 Kudos