Menu
ChilliHead
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 compatibility with Vivid 200 Gamer

Got an upgrade to the 200 Gamer free but was told I needed the hub 3 which I'll get next week. After reading some horror stories about the hub 3 is it really needed with the 200 Gamer as I have never had a problem with my hub 2 in modem only mode paired with a RT-AC87u.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 compatibility with Vivid 200 Gamer

As I understand it the VM ordering system will only allow the activation of the Gamer tier on a Hub 3, but once you have activated the new tier on your account it is possible for VM to roll back to the SH2ac, activate it again and push the gamer tier config to the SH2ac (not sure about the original SH2).

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

ChilliHead
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, think I'll give the hub 3 a chance and see how it performs.

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Once they fix the CPU problem that causes the horrible lag spikes it should be perfectly ok in modem mode with a real router, I am on the gamer tier on the SH2AC because of the problems with the Hub3 in modem mode, it took a lot of battling but I am very pleased with the service now
0 Kudos
ChilliHead
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've been on the gamer tier for a couple of days now on my hub 2 and things seem ok.

0 Kudos