Menu
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2 password rejected

I did add a post to another thread but didn't get an answer so starting afresh.

If I try to access my router via 192.168.0.1, I get to the login page but it will not recognise my password, the one underneath the hub.

I have several WiFi devices connected perfectly so the password is fine for all of those.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Super hub 2 password rejected

sadly no other way to gain access, i would try rebooting the hub using power cable and if doesn't work will need pin hole
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hiya @iadom the default password to login into the hub is 'changeme' wouldn't be the wireless password unless you changed the password to match, if you cant get logged i with changeme possible need to look at doing pin hole reset -> http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=27643&CURRENT_...
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I will give that a try but why does the login page ask me to look for the password under the router/hub then?VM ub login.jpg

0 Kudos
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That did the trick, just a little confusing but in my defence the router is in a dark corner. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Me again, I did change my router password ( not wifi access password) last year. I made a careful note of the new password but it is now being rejected as incorrect as is changeme?

I would prefer not to have to do a pinhole reset unless that is the only option, would doing that reset cause any problems with my CCTV dvr web connection?

Jim.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

sadly no other way to gain access, i would try rebooting the hub using power cable and if doesn't work will need pin hole
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hub has been rebooted only an hour or so ago, was able to access the hub only last week when a new cctv DVD unit was installed. No changes made to hub password at the time?

0 Kudos
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Quick question, if I do have to bite the bullet and do a hard reset will the wifi access password remain the same as the one on the hub?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the settings will revert back to defaults, so the wifi passphrase will go back to the 1 on the sticker
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

0 Kudos