Menu
Highlighted
BagpussBoy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 2ac to Hub 3.0 Upgrade - worth it?

I currently have a Super Hub 2ac. Is it worth of going through the process of upgrading this to a Hub 3.0?

Area 22

Vivid 200

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Super Hub 2ac to Hub 3.0 Upgrade - worth it?

If you don't want to move up to vivid 300, and everything is working okay, you would be better to stick with the shub2ac. The hub3 brings issues of it's own. A case of if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Andruser
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'll second vircom.  Had my (working) Superhub 2 swapped out by a field technician who wouldn't let me keep it, and the Hub 3 is utter, utter junk.  The only circumstances where you should swap a SH2 for a Hub 3 are where the SH2 is broken or failing to work.

The only technical advantage is that the Hub 3 can support 300 Mbps (think the 2 tops out at 200), but in return you get all the faults related to the Hub 3's Puma 6 chipset.

mikeisyou
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I was having on and off problems with the Super Hub 2ac which is why I switched to the Superhub 3.0. I'm really happy with it but I'm well aware alot of people are not. If you're SuperHub 2ac works ok then I recommend you stick with it until the 4th Generation Superhub gets released.

0 Kudos

All Replies
vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you don't want to move up to vivid 300, and everything is working okay, you would be better to stick with the shub2ac. The hub3 brings issues of it's own. A case of if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Andruser
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'll second vircom.  Had my (working) Superhub 2 swapped out by a field technician who wouldn't let me keep it, and the Hub 3 is utter, utter junk.  The only circumstances where you should swap a SH2 for a Hub 3 are where the SH2 is broken or failing to work.

The only technical advantage is that the Hub 3 can support 300 Mbps (think the 2 tops out at 200), but in return you get all the faults related to the Hub 3's Puma 6 chipset.

mikeisyou
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I was having on and off problems with the Super Hub 2ac which is why I switched to the Superhub 3.0. I'm really happy with it but I'm well aware alot of people are not. If you're SuperHub 2ac works ok then I recommend you stick with it until the 4th Generation Superhub gets released.

0 Kudos