Menu
gweahman
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Suerhub 2 AC losing ip address

Spoiler
Hi there ! I was wondering if someone could have a look into this for me . Almost daily when I try and connect to my router all of my devices (wireless not wired) show "obtaining ip address" . If I connect a laptop the ip is showing 000.000.0.0 . I have to hard reset and switch off and on 5 or 6 times to try and get it to work , sometimes I just have to leave it and wait for it to sort itself out .

I have contacted faults by phone on numerous occasions and all they suggest is everything I've already done and they can never give an explanation as to why this is constantly happening ? 

I have repeatedly asked them to send a new router but they will not do this due to needing to do"more tests" ? They promise call backs which never happen and then when I call back chasing , we have to go back to square one each time .

This is becoming increasingly frustrating so if someone could look into this , that would be great ! I think a replacement suerhub would cure this but the offshore tech support seem unwilling to authorise this for some reason .

Thanks 

Graham
0 Kudos
Richard12
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suerhub 2 AC losing ip address

Sounds very similar to the issues I've been having for the last couple of years.

What does your Router Status page say?

I'm guessing that it has disconnected from the network, the logs are probably full of timeouts.
0 Kudos
gweahman
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard , I cannot see the router status as none of my devices can connect to the network Smiley Sad It just seems as though the router keeps losing it's marbles for no reason . Thank God we live in a EE 4g area LOL ...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi gweahman

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I'm sorry to read that the Super Hub is not assigning your devices a valid IP Address.

If you can try/let me know a few things please, that will help us further.

• I appreciate that you have tried a hard reset on the router, can you try within the router settings to complete a factory reset please to see if that will help.
  • Do any lights change on the router at all when this happens?
  • Can you post your router information as it is now please as this will show if the router is losing connection all together.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gweahman
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi , this issue is getting worse , resets both in the settings and on the rear of the router are required daily to get an internet connection . To make things worse , now the internet connection is so intermittent it is impossible to watch any on demand content . You sent me a new router to eliminate this but no joy . The router lights always look normal . 

Could you have another look into this please add I am looking at changing provider ? 

Thanks

GrahamScreenshot_20161127-170507.pngScreenshot_20161127-170457.pngScreenshot_20161127-170507.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Evening gweahman,

Thanks for getting back to me and posting your router information, I appreciate it. I'm sorry for the late response.

Looking at your connection, there has been time-outs reported within a short space of time. For this I would like to arrange for an engineer visit to have a look into this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos