Menu
stonemotions
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Status of installation - houses not listed

The area I live in North Swindon has confused me, as I am looking to become a Virgin fibre customer, however my property is not listed. When I entered my postcode (SN25 1WR) the addresses shown does not display addresses beyond number 43. Houses upto 45 are able to benefit from fibre being available I believe, but the ones beyond it do not. This postcode has addresses that extend upto 135.

What's weird is that because of how long our road is (Queen Elizabeth Drive), the road is split into two postcodes. The opposite side's postcode is SN25 1XA; with properties from 94 - 152, which appears to potentially being connected shortly, is provided this message :

"We’re busy behind the scenes getting ready to connect your community. We’re working as fast as we can to get to you and looking forward to being able to bring Virgin Media services to this area."

So my first question is when is SN25 1XA due to be connected, and would all the odd numbered properties upto 135 on the same street, be included with this installation?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Status of installation - houses not listed

Hey stonemotions

Thanks for dropping by with your first post to us on the forums and for getting in touch with us about the Cable My Street  query.

I appreciate that it is not showing your property and thanks for letting us know. Can you let us know if you added the address in manually when you accessed the form in order to register your interest?

To do so if you can go to the link again and follow the steps below.

I appreciate this is not your postcode in the image, it's just one I've saved from an earlier search to illustrate the support Smiley Very Happy

Let us know if this has been manually filled in and once this has been confirmed we can then look at messaging the teams to see if there is any further support they can give us.

Thanks again and speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
stonemotions
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning Karen,

I have done this 3 times since I moved into the property April last year, however each time I have entered my details, I have never received a call back within the 5 days it stated I would. I provided both email and a contact number.

I was previously a virgin media customer, and would like to be able to benefit from the superfast fibre again. I am due to renew my contract with sky in april, and i wanted to establish whether it was best to hold out if VM fibre was going to be installed, or whether its worthwhile me renewing with sky/other regular broadband provider for another 12 months

Regards

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ben

Thanks for letting me know you've filled the forms in for us.

On the back of this if you could drop me a PM to let me know some further details I'll flag this back to the Growth teams for you.

If you could send a private message to me with your name and full address, that would be awesome Smiley Very Happy

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm what they say on this for you Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ben

Thanks for the PM lovely Smiley Happy

I've had some feedback from the teams and they have advised the following Smiley Happy

This is works that has been accepted under NBU reference 51837. We have not been given any dates as of yet but if you want to come back to us at  a later date we will tell you if this NBU has progressed. Please quote reference NBU  51837 when you contact us.

I'd suggest leaving it a month or so and popping back to us on this thread Ben and we can chase this again for you then Smiley Happy

Thanks again and have a fab weekend!

Karen_A
Forum Team

stonemotions
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: NBU reference 51837

Is there an update on when Fibre optic maybe available in my area?

Even if you are able to provide an estimate or time frame typically associated from the current stage? Otherwise I may have to renew with another regular broadband provider for another 12 months if I have no idea. If for instance I knew it was going to be 4 months then I would just continue my existing broadband contract till then

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi stonemotions

Thanks for getting back to us about the NBU 51837

I've passed that back to the teams to see if we can get an update for you.

Just fyi as they are mailing me directly about this if they don't get back to me before tomorrow, I am then off till the following Tuesday so it may be a week before I can catch up with you regarding this.

Thanks again and hope to speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi stonemotions

Thanks for allowing me the time to chase this for you.

It's not great news for now. They have advised me:

Unfortunately we cannot give an estimated completion date for this job as it looks like there are major issues with this job including power issues so the job has gone for re planning.

If your contract is due for renewal I'd advise on the back of this information that we are not going to be in the position for a good while yet possibly until the new year before we may be able to provide further more concrete information around a possible release date for the area.

I hope this helps with the decision making and hopefully the next time round we'll be in a better position or ready (fingers crossed) to provide services for you Smiley Happy

Thanks again and take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos