Menu
hbk395
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Stalling broadband connection

I live in a 15th floor flat.  Copper coax from ground level. My broadband connection persistently stalls or runs very slowly.  What can I do to resolve this issue.

Can I get, or insist on a fibre optic cable to my flat?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stalling broadband connection

VM use fiber to the node and then coax the rest of the way.

When you say stalls what happens. do any of the lights on the superhub change? what do the power levels and network logs in the suberhub say. post them here so we can see if you have any problems we can spot.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If the connection is stalling when connecting to the hub by ethernet cable then posting some basic diagnostic info may help.

Navigate to the hub's GUI using http://192.168.100.1
Don't log in, click the Router Status button in the top right of the screen.
Copy \ Paste the Downstream, Upstream, and Network Logs.

Don't worry about the formatting, but do obscure personal information like your WAN IP address.

You can insist on Fibre Optic to your flat but you are not going to get it due to the horrendous installation costs. Some companies will supply FTTH but expect to pay around £750 installation costs (in the very unlikely event they would install a single connection in a 15th storey flat) and around £350 a month subscription.

It may be worth seeing if you are in a Hyperoptic area. They supply Fibre Optic to the premises for large flats, but you will need to get enough people to sign up so Hyperoptic can recover their installation costs. (Not cheap)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you can insist on it cost you about £2000 for cable install an around £250+ a month extra, just to add what apcyberax said, to get those details if you could goto http://192.168.0.1 clicking router status top right [no need to login], don't worry about the formatting we can easily read it.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi hbk395,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and everything is looking great at the moment. Levels are all as they should be and there are no issues with the network in your area.

Do you connect wired or wirelessly?

I'd like you to try running a speed test with the hub in Modem Mode to see what kind of results you get.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos