Menu
zschallz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spotter to check if installation possible

Hi all,

I live on a cul-de-sac of a road that is cabled. The house 10 feet away from our garden wall is cabled for Virgin Media, but sadly, we are not. Our cul-de-sac is part of a small new estate.

I reached out to the sales team via phone and the representative agreed to send a spotter to check if we could be cabled. When he tried to book a spotter he said the system would not let him send one and he could not see the reason why, but the system indicates that our postcode can't be cabled.

We have a pathway to our garden (around 10 feet away from a cabled house) on the periphery of the cul-de-sac which meets the cabled street's pavement. See picture: http://i.imgur.com/XEeGdjH.png (note, the house on the left is cabled.) I explained this to the representative but he unfortunately does not have the ability to send a spotter if the system recognises our whole post code as not possible.

Is there any other way I can get Virgin Media to reevaluate our house in particular? I'm no expert, but as far as I can tell (see the picture above) it looks like all that is required is extending a cable down our garden path from the pavement. I can imagine other houses on our cul-de-sac could be difficult, but ours seems to be a different situation.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
zschallz
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spotter to check if installation possible

For reference, here's a picture of where Virgin Media's wiring seems to be and my garden path. The grey box says NTL on it.

20161118_092952.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi zschallz

Thanks for popping by with your Spotter & Installation query and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'll pop a pm over to you for me to get the details I need to take a look into this for you in a bit more detail.

You can find this in the pm envelope that is up on the top right hand side of the forums.

I appreciate you popping the pictures down for us on the forums too, they're a real help Smiley Happy

Catch you soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

zschallz
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, Karen!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No worries zschallz

I've picked that up for you and I'm on it today Smiley Happy

Catch you later.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

zschallz
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Big thanks to Karen and the team she worked with to double check into my situation. Although we're not eligible for Virgin Media at the moment, the customer service on the forum is impressive. Thanks again!

0 Kudos