Menu
PIM499
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Signing into the HUB3

I have just installed a new HUB3. I have had problems signing in using 192.168.0.1. I had a long call with the Help Desk who did finished up doing a factory reset which worked and I could log in. I then changed the default password again and now I can't log in again. What's happening?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Signing into the HUB3

Hi PIM499,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the Hub 3.

If you are able to sign in to the router settings, complete a factory reset from within here. If not, try one using a PIN and holding it in the reset for over 20 seconds.

Once this has been done, and you get sign back in. Set up the Guest network first and then try logging into the main wireless network to see if you get the same issue. Does it show any error messages when trying to connect? Is this the same for both 2.4 and 5 GHz?

Then set your own password for the logging into the router.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

PIM499
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I did a factory reset and the Virgin Help Desk person set up the 2G and 5G separate SSIDs. I then changed the master password (not the wi-fi password) and logged on tot the network. This time it seems to have retained the change. I have created the Guest Network but I wanted to set only selected MAC addresses to use it. I was told by the Virgin Help Desk this CAN'T BE DONE (even though MAC Filtering is an option under Advanced Settings/Security).

0 Kudos

All Replies
Bluefusion
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The hub3 can be very slow to log in, have you waited a while? Also might be worth trying another laptop or device as I found some of my devices still cannot login, while others can?

0 Kudos
PIM499
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

5 minutes is long enough. There is another problem which maybe a spin off. I have created a guest network. Since doing that the standard SSID (VMnnnnnnn) can be seen but can't be logged into. This also happened before the factory reset?????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PIM499,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the Hub 3.

If you are able to sign in to the router settings, complete a factory reset from within here. If not, try one using a PIN and holding it in the reset for over 20 seconds.

Once this has been done, and you get sign back in. Set up the Guest network first and then try logging into the main wireless network to see if you get the same issue. Does it show any error messages when trying to connect? Is this the same for both 2.4 and 5 GHz?

Then set your own password for the logging into the router.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

PIM499
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I did a factory reset and the Virgin Help Desk person set up the 2G and 5G separate SSIDs. I then changed the master password (not the wi-fi password) and logged on tot the network. This time it seems to have retained the change. I have created the Guest Network but I wanted to set only selected MAC addresses to use it. I was told by the Virgin Help Desk this CAN'T BE DONE (even though MAC Filtering is an option under Advanced Settings/Security).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya PIM499,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad that you are now able to sign and the wireless networks have been separated.

With MAC Filtering there is an issue we are aware of with using this function. Once we have any updates on further firmware updates we will let you know.

Kind regards

Sam

0 Kudos