Menu
Childrenurse
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sidcup area!

Hi, I have noticed at the end of my road, signs that say virgin media are working in the area and there are lots of large plastic pipes, does this mean that the lamorbey area of sidcup is finally getting virgin?! Post code da158ba?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sidcup area!

Yes they are on the way you can test this at http://cablemystreet.virginmedia.com but I took the liberty of entering the postcode and its good news the site will explain the process further Smiley Wink
0 Kudos

All Replies
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes they are on the way you can test this at http://cablemystreet.virginmedia.com but I took the liberty of entering the postcode and its good news the site will explain the process further Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Childrenurse
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting me know it's coming to my area and as requested I have registered for the service, but could not find anytime frame, even if it is just an estimate of how long, until it is in? Can you help.
Thanks
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It really is uncertain, I have heard quotes of less than 12 months, but it could be faster / slower it really does depend, although now you have registered they will keep you up to date
0 Kudos
Childrenurse
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi.
Please can someone update me on the proposed plans for sidcup da15 8. I was told back in jan that virgin were laying cables in my area, but now the postcode check says it is not. Please can I have an update, or I need to sign up with a different provider.
Thanks x

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Childrennurse.

I appreciate you popping by with your post about this.

I can see you have posted on this other thread too, and we have answered you earlier on todaySmiley Happy

Cable my street

In order for us to provide consistent support we ask that customers only raise one thread per topic so I'll close this one down and continue to support you via the other thread you have raised.

Thanks again Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Childrenurse
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sorting that out, I could not find the original post, so posted again.
Are you able to answer the question of why I was told it is coming to my road and I have seen cables laid but now when I check the site, it says it is not in my area?
I will go with another provider, but don't want to sign up for a year and then find virgin are starting next week.
I tried to call and speak with someone, but they did not seem to have any answers.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Childrenurse, 

Thanks for coming back to us via the Community Smiley Happy 

Laying the cables in the ground is just the start. After this we need to connect them to our network and then there is all the behind the scenes stuff involved too. 

If you follow Karen_A's instructions in this post here: Cable My Street we will be able to assist you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos