Menu
simonsmithster
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shoddy install....is this standard? Pretty poor if it is, right?

Is this normal installation quality? This is how the guy left the job....and he failed to connect the phone correctly so still not working....MMMM....welcome to VirginMedia!

Box left openBox left opennice cabling fella, neatnice cabling fella, neatI suppose a little vacuum might be an idea...I suppose a little vacuum might be an idea...

0 Kudos
Stythinator
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shoddy install....is this standard? Pretty poor if it is, right?

Hi there,

Firstly i am actually sorry to see what a poor job an Engineer from Virgin has left you in. Someone from the Forum Team will be able to arrange an Engineers visit to actually do the Job properly. 

This is total shabby work (Did you get a check list you had to sign?) if so look at the top you should see the engineers name and ID Number i would for sure ring up and make a complaint.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

simonsmithster wrote:

Is this normal installation quality? This is how the guy left the job....and he failed to connect the phone correctly so still not working....MMMM....welcome to VirginMedia!

Box left openBox left opennice cabling fella, neatnice cabling fella, neatI suppose a little vacuum might be an idea...I suppose a little vacuum might be an idea...

OMG,

I have never seen anything that bad before... That must win 1st prize for a complete "Bodge of the Year 2016"!

Seriously, though that does need doing properly.

I have one had one issue with a new "re-pull" - but that left tarmac on a public foot path stuck up! Once I notified VM, an engineer was out in less than 30 minutes. That's only because they would be liable for any accidents caused by the tarmac stuck out the path by about 6".... Smiley Frustrated

Regards,

Les.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonsmithster, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. I'm really sorry to hear and see that your installation was not as great as we'd expect. 

I have popped an email over to the area manager and also the Head of Installs for your area to get someone out asap to resolve this. 

With it being Christmas tomorrow, it's unlikely to get picked up until after though. I;m here til 4pm today then back in 2pm - 10pm Tuesday. Hopefully we should have some more information for you then. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonsmithster

Thanks again for logging this with us.

When Kath was back in on Tuesday she did check to see if there had been any feedback but that was not the case. I appreciate that this is ongoing and we are looking into getting this sorted for you as soon as we can.

Kath did cc me into the communications as I have been in this week but it looks like the people connected to this are on annual leave.

Kath or I will pick this up again for you next week.

Have a lovely New Year!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonsmithster, 

Thanks for your patience whilst we looked into this for you. 

I've heard back from the Area Manager and they have advised someone has come out and resolved the issues with the install. 

Can you come back and let me know if things are resolved? If not I can chase this back to them Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos