Menu
Cressy007
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Shocking V6 experience

So this has been a not so fun #### party.

I called to cancel my account wed 25th Jan but get a call back on Friday 27th. Got offered a good deal on 3 V6 boxes. The call was from the pilot team who can send V6 boxes in the post for home install. 'Fantastic' was what I thought. So i agreed to get 2 V6 boxes in the post (replacing my existing boxes) and organised for an engineer to come and do a manual install on the 3rd box a few weeks later.... oh how wrong was I.
I was told the boxes would be with me the next day (Saturday), along with a shiny new hub.

Saturday comes, ding dong goes the bell. Thinking Christmas has come around so soon... I excitedly open the box (thinking this looks small for so much gear). A hub. That's it. No V6 boxes. A hub. Woo hoo.

So after 55mins on the phone Sunday morning, being bounced around departments I get nowhere. A promised call back by 12 on Monday.

Low and behold, 12:05 Monday. Nothing. So back on the phone I get. Pillar to post for 30 mins again, standard virgin experience. Someone eventually tells me they need to raise it and to expect a call back with 2hrs (by approx 3pm). Tick tick tick Tock. It's now Tuesday. No call back. I tried to call again but gave up after 10 mins.
But then, to my shock I get a call back from the chap who initially offered what I thought was a great seamless offer. He apologised and said there has been issues with people ordering more than 1 box.
I said I understand a pilot department would have teething issues but it was as though nobody in virgin was aware of such a department. He apologises and assures me the issue is resolved and both boxes would arrive today, Wednesday.

Can anyone guess........
Yup, 1 box. Not 2. 1

So I try the 'quick activation service'. DENIED. We need to transfer you to every department in virgin....

So after 32mins on the phone, explaining the situation 3 times I get put in a queue with a 30min wait.

I am going to go back to my original request and move to Sky.

Shocking service.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Content removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
prosam
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking V6 experience

I think that VM call centers like to make up departments. Never heard of the pilot department, looks like another issue where VM employees dont note accounts correctly so if you call back regarding an issue that you have already reported, they have not got a clue what you are on about. Trust me, its happened to me and I know the feeling. Hope it gets resolved as quickly as possible

Package: VIVID 100 Broadband TV M and Talk Unlimited.

Note: I do not work for Virgin Media, I only help fellow Virgin customers so my answers may be wrong! If I helped you please mark my post as helpful or give me a kudos!

I am in a Virgin over subscribed area!
0 Kudos
Cressy007
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking V6 experience

I didn't even know they had over subscribed areas. Interesting.

I used to work for VM 10yrs ago and enjoyed it. I wasn't customer facing, dealt with engineers. But I would see a job through to the end. We had no choice. Things have obviously changed.

Rupert, the main VM chap I have dealt with assured me that as a pilot department, my issue was on the radar and being monitored by high management. Obviously I took it with a pinch of salt and rightly so
0 Kudos