Menu
FeroxSanebu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Setting up a second Ethernet Wall Socket on the first floor. Getting a second Hub as well?

Hello,

I was just wondering if it would be possible to set up a second wall socket for the ethernet access. Currently our ethernet socket is located on the ground floor on the left side of the house and the room I want the socket in is on the first floor on the right side of the house.

Right now, I'm using the TP-LINK Powerline to achieve better internet speeds. But the combination of using the powerline, the hub  and being on the other side of the house leads to me having internet issues every few hours. 

I wouldn't have an issue with getting a second Hub and using it as a modem, but I desperately need direct access to the internet.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Setting up a second Ethernet Wall Socket on the first floor. Getting a second Hub as well?

A second HUB is not an option, VM only allow 1  per address.

If powerlines are not cutting it for you, your options are

• Install Ethernet cabling
  • Get VM to move the HUB nearer to where you need to use it most.
  • Try a separate router with better WiFi than the HUB range if your devices are at least AC compliant.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Setting up a second Ethernet Wall Socket on the first floor. Getting a second Hub as well?

A second HUB is not an option, VM only allow 1  per address.

If powerlines are not cutting it for you, your options are

• Install Ethernet cabling
  • Get VM to move the HUB nearer to where you need to use it most.
  • Try a separate router with better WiFi than the HUB range if your devices are at least AC compliant.