Menu
Gaz_boro
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Set up quick install. Error code 7001. Help

I set up my tivo and hub pretty easy. Activated using the activation ohone number.
Waited and waited.
Phoned virgin for help/advice. They did some checks and said i need an engineer.
I have to wait 10 days!!! Yes 10 days!!!
Any chance of this getting sorted sooner???
I see virgin media vans pass my house a number of times a day so surely i can be seen earlier???
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Set up quick install. Error code 7001. Help

I know this is frustrating but that usually isn't possible because of the nature of how they deploy the work to the engineers (usually contractors), its likely that the cable supplying your house isn't physically connected at the cab so a self install wasn't an option, although there could be other reasons, sorry to dissapoint, you can always try talking to them but I don't know how successful you will be
0 Kudos
Gaz_boro
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yeah i thought that may be the case but the lad on the phone said it would be up n running for deffo, he said he done some sort of check that pinged the house or something. Ive had a nightmare with sky and their poor service so that why i changed but now have to do without any phone, tv or internet for 10 days.
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes they normally send what is called a "hit" to your equipment when its been connected up to activate everything and get you going, so if you was told that before your equipment arrived they were probably just trying to calm your nerves and presumed everything would go ok like it normally does, I dunno if they could perhaps speed things up for you so it can't hurt to ask, but once you are setup you should be ok from that day Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

All Replies
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I know this is frustrating but that usually isn't possible because of the nature of how they deploy the work to the engineers (usually contractors), its likely that the cable supplying your house isn't physically connected at the cab so a self install wasn't an option, although there could be other reasons, sorry to dissapoint, you can always try talking to them but I don't know how successful you will be
0 Kudos
Gaz_boro
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yeah i thought that may be the case but the lad on the phone said it would be up n running for deffo, he said he done some sort of check that pinged the house or something. Ive had a nightmare with sky and their poor service so that why i changed but now have to do without any phone, tv or internet for 10 days.
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes they normally send what is called a "hit" to your equipment when its been connected up to activate everything and get you going, so if you was told that before your equipment arrived they were probably just trying to calm your nerves and presumed everything would go ok like it normally does, I dunno if they could perhaps speed things up for you so it can't hurt to ask, but once you are setup you should be ok from that day Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gaz_boro,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had activating things. I've had a quick look and unfortunately there isn't any earlier availability showing at this stage.

Do by all means stay in touch and let us know how that everything is set up and working OK once the engineer has been out. We'll be here if you need any further assistance.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gaz_boro
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer has been and sorted out my connection. Now i have code 7400 over the top of what im watching and i can only watch channels 1-5
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gaz_boro,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the TiVo®.

Are you still getting the same error? If so, I'll send a hit to update the box.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos