Menu
CaptainFlack
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Service getting worse

I'm getting really fed up with Virgin. The service seems to be getting worse with drop outs all the time and now the WiFi has started cutting out for no reason. I am now regularly having to restart the router.

Is it time to go back to BT or can this be fixed?

I've got a superhub 2

0 Kudos
Mastic01
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service getting worse

You need to book a engineer your levels sound like they need changing very easy fix
0 Kudos
CaptainFlack
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. What levels do you mean? I've tried rotating WiFi channels but no effect.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there CaptainFlack,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The power levels are within range and there has been no time-outs reported since the router has been online.

Do you notice the disconnections on just your wireless devices? Does it happen through wired also?

If this happens on both, can you post your network log from the router settings please as this will help us further? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CaptainFlack
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response.

WiFi drops out regularly on all devices and won't return until the hub is restarted. Wired is ok but i seem to have to call every 2-3 months because there is a fault and I never had to call BT in 3 decades of service from them.

No matter what I try, the TiVo box gets less and less responsive despite the hard drive only being 50% full. It will be going for good in December if it's not sorted out.

By the way. I have twice reported that the Virgin cabinet outside my house is open to the elements, last time in December, but no response.

Not surprising that I'm dissatisfied!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaptainFlack,

If the disconnections only affect wireless devices then it's likely that home environmental factors may be the cause. Please read our guide on how to optimise your Hub's wireless signal and let us know if that helps.

Of course it is possible that your Hub needs replacing and I don't object to that at all. But I would like you to reset your Hub to factory settings first as that may resolve this.

Keep me updated Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
CaptainFlack
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen.

I've reset the router and we'll see how it goes.

What about my appallingly slow TiVo box which is at times unusable? There's plenty of memory and I've tried all the tips I could find online. Sometimes it's worse than others but it is complete crap compared to my Humax box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaptainFlack

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo service is being unusable recently.

I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're detecting some errors being reported with the overall signal to the set top boxes, are you experiencing this issue with more than one or just the one at the moment? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CaptainFlack
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The Wifi and other issues just got beyond a joke last week and I called 150. They sent a new modem and Tivo which seems to have sorted both sets of problems. 

We do get a bit of minor pixelation on the TV sometimes which might be caused by the problem you see. The cable cabinet outside my house has been open to the elements for about 6 months now but nobody from Virgin has bothered to come when I report it. I woul;dn't be surpised if this was causing problems all down the street.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaptainFleck

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry again for the overall service you've received. 

I'd recommend keeping an eye on things as they've improved since you received the new equipment but if it gets to the point where it's affecting your service, get in touch and I'll look to escalate this from our end for you.

Once again, my apologies for the level of service you've received while experiencing these issues, we'll be here to help.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos