Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (825 Views)

Service Status - Major outage in area but mine shows OK

Telephone and broadband went off this morning, I called to report and ran through the usual stuff (while being told a story about the rep and his sore toe at my expense on my mobile). As usual no issues identified after checks, engineer booked (4th time in past month).

In the meantime chatted with neighbours and friends nearby, same issue for them plus TV down for those signed up for it.

My service status page shows "no known issues" yet neighbours show all three services down. If I log out and just enter a postcode it says there is an issue with one on-demand episode of Eastenders but no other issues.

Lots of chatter about the same issue on a local Facebook group, I'm the only person who seems to have an incorrect service status.

This happened last time, others got updates and an accurate service status, mine just said everything was OK (when it wasn't).

I appreciate issues arise and are difficult to resolve with limited resources on a Sunday but is it too much to ask for a representative service status?

My engineer visit has just been canceled on the basis a network issue has been identified yet the service status still says "no known issues". The automated fault checker suggests my hub (3.0) is turned off, which it isn't.

I haven't been a customer long and the infrastructure is all quite new but the service to-date has been shocking.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 4 of 7 (1,568 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by thetapeworm
‎20-03-2017 17:29

Re: Service Status - Major outage in area but mine shows OK

thetapeworm wrote:
I appreciate that things need to be at a certain level in order to justify a service status update - my gripe here is that some people (neighbours connected to the same box) have a service status saying all three services are down whereas mine says all is fine when it isn't.

I don't expect a dedicated service status just for me, just to see the same as others in my locality when bigger issues arise.

I had the same issue on a recent 48 hour period of no broadband, it's as if my account hasn't been setup correctly or something.

Cabinets usually align with local postcodes, so if there is a problem at that cabinet the whole postcode area is affected. Your neighbours are obviously putting in a different postcode to you or you would get the same information. So the question is have you been put onto a cabinet serving a neighbouring postcode area.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (1,547 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by thetapeworm
‎20-03-2017 19:41

[ Edited ]

Hi there thetapeworm,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues experienced.

I've had a look into this and I can see that a network fault ticket was raised concerning the faults experienced over the weekend. These, however, have since been verified as fixed.

Let me know if this is not the case,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 7 (816 Views)

Depends how big the fault is. What I have always been told is that the online service status will pick up issues affecting complete node sections (2000 customers or more). Smaller faults going down to one cabinet covering one or two postcodes are reported on the status hotline only (0800 561 0061).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (812 Views)

I appreciate that things need to be at a certain level in order to justify a service status update - my gripe here is that some people (neighbours connected to the same box) have a service status saying all three services are down whereas mine says all is fine when it isn't.

I don't expect a dedicated service status just for me, just to see the same as others in my locality when bigger issues arise.

I had the same issue on a recent 48 hour period of no broadband, it's as if my account hasn't been setup correctly or something.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 7 (1,569 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by thetapeworm
‎20-03-2017 17:29

thetapeworm wrote:

Cabinets usually align with local postcodes, so if there is a problem at that cabinet the whole postcode area is affected. Your neighbours are obviously putting in a different postcode to you or you would get the same information. So the question is have you been put onto a cabinet serving a neighbouring postcode area.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (1,548 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by thetapeworm
‎20-03-2017 19:41

[ Edited ]

Hi there thetapeworm,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues experienced.

I've had a look into this and I can see that a network fault ticket was raised concerning the faults experienced over the weekend. These, however, have since been verified as fixed.

Let me know if this is not the case,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7 (766 Views)

Hi, thanks for replying, the issue was resolved yesterday evening.

My service status never updated to confirm there was an issue but I did receive a text message canceling the engineer visit and saying things were fixed.

So... until the next time I guess.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 7 (714 Views)

Best upset this evening. Had problems with Internet down Thursday night, Friday. Phoned. Etc sent updated signal out.  Then down again at night. Down on Friday. Told they would send an engineer out this evening Monday 4pm-7.00pm. Come 645pm no engineer phoned. Only to be told the visit was cancelled because they identified a problem in are! Says email, though doubt that as when speeds go from 76mbps to 0.25mbps. How is email causing that,? when at a low frequency the email comes in. 

Thy didn't even have th decency to inform me visit was cancelled & they had all day yesterday & today to let me know what was happening. In other words the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing!!!!  Very bad customer service ! 

0 Kudos