Menu
Han2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sent wrong hub, poor service.

Just a bit of a rant but virgin support have let me down badly.

I rejoined Virgin yesterday after speaking with retentions team who offered me a good deal which I agreed to. I asked for, as part of me rejoining them, to be sent out the Superhub 2ac which I was assured I would be.

So I take a day off, as was sent next day delivery, and today recieved a superhub 3.0. Ok mistakes happen I get it no big deal so I call virgin and after 52 minutes on the phone I'm actually in a worse position now.

Some how the guy has managed to cancel my original new contract the retentions guy offered, redone the same contract and discount (thank god) then told me he can't get the 2ac out and is sending out again a superhub 3.0.

Yes so tommorrow I will be receiving another 3.0 hub meaning I will have 2 of them. The one I currently have I can't use now and since our old superhub 1 is dying I'm stuck with terrible internet for another day.

I then have to use / setup the new superhub I recieve tommorrow for a week, send this one I recieved today back, call them after a week and try again to have the 2ac sent out then I assume to send 2nd superhub 3.0 back and install the 2ac if I ever recieve it.

I'm not sure how I'm now in a worse situation now than I was before the 52min phone call to support.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sent wrong hub, poor service.

You can put the SH1 you have in modem mode and it will likely be fine with your own router.

VM are pushing for everyone to be hub 3 its just to bad their not pushing to get it fixed and even then we don't know if it will be.

0 Kudos
Han2
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think the Ethernet ports on the old hub 1 are dying or dead as have had to take it out of modem mode to get internet access.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Either that or your connection is poor so it make no different what hub you have... what do your downstream and upstream show?
http://192.168.100.1/RouterStatus.html

0 Kudos
Han2
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connection is fine, been getting almost full advertised speeds with a low ping for over 4 years. Just in the last month has it been playing up.

Is the hub 3.0 as bad as they say for modem mode?
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 is fine in modem mode. I've used that for more than a year.

The SH2ac is no more so I doubt that they can send you one.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've been using a Superhub 3.0 fine without any issues.  This is the only version of the router I believe they are now supplying so I don't think you will be getting a 2.0.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos