Menu
kunubu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SW18 Earlsfield Issues

We've been having issues with intermittent broadband service for about 2 months now (its currently March 2017) in the SW18 Earlsfield area. I contacted customer support over 2 weeks ago and they were aware of a fault in the area and advised me this was not going to be sorted till the end of April.

While this is not a fix the person I spoke to told me I would be credited for this period, however I have just received my bill with absolutely no discount and the fault continues.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way of dealing with this, I no longer wish to pay for a service I am not receiving

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SW18 Earlsfield Issues

Hi kunubu,

I am sorry about your broadband issues.

I have tested but am unable to locate the fault you refer to. Were you provided with a reference number for this?

What I have found however, are very low upstream power levels on your Hub along with a very high amount of T3 timeouts. I can find no corresponding faults on the network so should like to arrange for an engineer visit. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll schedule an appointment for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
kunubu
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SW18 Earlsfield Issues

Hi Jen, thanks for taking 5 days to get back to me about this.

Your response completely contradicts the person I spoke to on your helpline, she told me my equipment was fine and that there was a fault in the area. Meanwhile the period of me having an intermittent service increases and I continue to pay as normal. What is to be done about this?

Unfortunately your adviser didn't offer me a reference number and stupidly I didn't think to ask for one as I believed what I was being told. Are you now telling me that I was being lied to by Virgin?

With regards to your private message I will respond with available times for an engineer to visit and meanwhile I'll await an answer to the above

Many thanks ☹️
Richard
0 Kudos