Menu
Liveammo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SUPER SLOW HUB SETTINGS ON BROWSER

It's been such a long time, maybe 2 years now, the web interface for the HUB is just soooo SLOW!!!

I have read so many times in the past that maybe a new update may solve this problem. Hence I have always ignored the inconvenience in hope for automated improvements. 24 months on, its just as bad and sometimes it just times out when i'm active. After my upgrade to hub 3.0, i thought things may have improved...nope!

What I don't get is Virgin Media offers some of the fastest internet connections available and on the most part (when it is working) it works a treat. But why have they ignored the web interface? So we have one of the Best fastest UK's broadband and yet the worst slowest interface online. A marriage of misfits!

Now, please I hope someone can spank me and tell me otherwise. Surely this is not an isolated issue as I'm a regular of various tech forums and this has been discussed many times in the past.

The last thing I want to hear is 'apologies for the inconvenience, we are looking into this matter with priority and will have all the problem remedied'. Very unlikely!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SUPER SLOW HUB SETTINGS ON BROWSER

Hey there Liveammo,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting, this fault sounds frustrating.

There's nothing obviously out of place with your connection when I check this evening. Is it only the Hub GUI that you struggle with? Do you have the same problems wireless and hard-wired?

Please get back to us so we can investigate further.

Thanks.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Liveammo
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't believe wired or hard-wired would make much difference. Though both are slow for us. Via wifi, I am able to access websites with heavy resources and large content crammed pages very quickly. Almost in a split second with cached pages. But as soon as I log into my router (192.168.0.1) those speeds just drastically diminish. For instance, once i finally arrive on the home page, even the list of devices connected take ages before they are displayed.

Is this is a technical fault or is there a reason why the HUB web interface is slow?

0 Kudos
zombiesfeelpain
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liveammo, your lucky you were not a HUB 3.0 user before they issued the latest firmware update to the HUB 3.0 which is V9.1.116V back in November as the common case was waiting 20+ seconds for a single page to load.

The update has much improved the responsiveness of the HUB 3.0 GUI but it still has a long way to go before I and many others consider it "responsive" I imagine VM are still working on the issue but It will most likely be quite a few more months before we say any new firmware.
0 Kudos