Good evening, I have a few queries and technical questions I wondered if the community could help with + feedback for VM.
1. Perform Diagnosis Perform Diagnosis never works for me, I’m signed into my Virgin media account, I’ve tried multiple times on different machines and different browsers in my network and the result is the same each time.
We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help.
It’s 2017, you’re telling me you can’t complete an account upgrade automatically online!
3. Known issues Is there a simple Virgin Media page I can go to find a list of known issues with the SH3, I’ve spent hours trawling through posts trying to see if they relate to the following issues?
4. Release Notes Where do I find the release notes for firmware updates? So that I can see if I’m on the latest version and whether issues have been resolved or not?
When is this issue being resolved? I find it extremely annoying that my device names are muddled. It was logged on 01-02-2016 and still no fix.
7. Constant sign outs
After hitting apply on multiple screens (for example) if I disable 5GHz Wifi I get kicked out to the login screen. This happens on multiple other screens too.
8. Port speed errors on Network diagnostics page Running a network diagnostics page says: client on port 2 is running at 100 Mbps. Which is tripe as my network adapter speed says 1Gbps and my speed test come back at 150 (ish) Mbps, clearly not 100 Mbps!
9. Port Forwarding Rules already exist Creating a rule and then trying to delete that rule produces an error to say it already exists. You have to log out and back in for it to work, or at least I do.
10. 5GHz Wifi Not usable (My main issue) If I do a speed test on my Google Pixel XL on 2.4 Ghz I get around 90 Mbps, If I do a speed test on a separate SSID on 5 Ghz I’m getting less than 1 Mbps, I’ve also completed the same test on my wife’s Google LG Nexus 5X. This has been causing us an issue as video is buffering whenever apps (namely Facebook Video) connect to the (so say faster 5GHz), 4G data connection do not present this issue. Therefore I have to leave it disabled in order to have a functioning Wifi connection (else I'm in buffering hell) on 5GHz, so I upgraded from SH2 at a cost and have a shoddier service.
I completed a factory reset (SH3) last weekend and set everything up again (in case I had any corruption) in my config. I also gave everything static IP's (namely for easy address referencing). I rebuilt our phones and sanity checked everything.
For information: My setup
SuperHub 3 (9.1.116V) Everything has a static IP through DHCP, all devices retrieve via DHCP)
1x Desktop PC, upstairs and next to the router, wired 1 Gbps (Logitech MX Master Mouse + K800 Keyboard) 1x Laptop, downstairs, static 2x BT Home Hotspot 500 powerline adapters (two Samsung TV’s connect at each end)
Only Wireless N is enabled (5Ghz currently disabled) at 20/40 MHz auto band selected I have 2.4Ghz+5Ghz SH3 and Hotspot all using the same SSID on the same bands etc (Hotspot 500 only runs 2.4 Ghz)
My network also includes: Nest (Gen 1) Thermostat (wireless) Nest Protect (Gen 1 + Gen 2) (wireless) Vera Edge Controller hardwired to router (Wifi disabled) Philips Hue (Gen 2) (wireless)
Thanks in advance for any input. I have been through the forums, so apologies if I've missed anything.
1. Yes, I've tried this on two separate machines in the house and it's the same on each. Same thing on a virtual machine too, and yes I've tried clearing my cookies, I think it's account related rather than machine related.
2. It shouldn't be displayed on the page then, just some feedback.
3. Again, some feedback to make users life a little easier.
4. Again, please pass on the feedback.
5. I will thanks.
6. I have recently reset my SH3, it was like it before and still the same since. I've read other people with this issue too, link included, telling me to reset the device when other people are having the same issue isn't very helpful.
7. No, I'm hard wired to the router. The kick out happen randomly on different pages at different times, usually when apply changes on various different settings. And it's certainly not due to inactivity.
8. Nope, as you can see from my recent test 21:59 06/02/2017, it happens on multiple ports:
Wired client on port 1 is running at 100 Mbps. Device connected on port 1 is running at a lower speed of 100 Mbps and is not utilizing the full available speed. Wired client on port 2 is running at 100 Mbps. Device connected on port 2 is running at a lower speed of 100 Mbps and is not utilizing the full available speed. Wired client on port 4 is running at 100 Mbps. Device connected on port 4 is running at a lower speed of 100 Mbps and is not utilizing the full available speed.
9. Why? I shouldn't need to. I can get around this by logging in and out a few times. I'm just raising this as an issue.
10. Currently 5Ghz is disabled because of the the astrous performance. Previously when they were enabled, I cycled the connection through different channels.
I do have powerline adapters in in the house, 2.4 Ghz Wireless N (BT Hotspot 500, during my testing I powered them off to prove that they were not causing any interference. Also my wifi analyzer app (on my phone) shows that I'm on a quiet channel.
As I've said I have previously reset the router and rebuilt all of the configuration from scratch to rule out a dodgy config. My network is a little bigger than average but not nothing which should be causing the issues I seem to be having.
Are there remote diagnostics that can be ran or log files that can be analysed? or do I just have a very flaky router?