Menu
badwolf4561
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SH2ac as aBackup

I have recently had VM installed, broadband, phone and TV. As part of my broadband I was supplied with a SH3, which has initially had issues with "port flapping" whilst being used in modem only mode. I understand this issue *should* have been resolved with a recent firmware update, but as a caution, I have an older SH2ac unit which does NOT exhibit this problem.

My question is how easy is it to have this SH2ac registered to my VM account so that any problems I may encounter, I can swap the SH3 with the older SH 2ac and get back online?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH2ac as aBackup

It is very unlikely VM will attempt to re-activate any equipment that has been removed from your account.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH2ac as aBackup

I have recently had my former Shub 2ac reactavated and made redundant my Shub 3 as there were all sorts of problems with the SHub3 eg persistent loss of DNS which was not and has since not been encountered with the SHub2ac back in line. Also I couldn't turn of ping echo on the SHub3 which I now can with the SHub2ac.   There is also much more user choice of settings in the SHub2ac and more responsive interface.

0 Kudos