Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12 (126 Views)

Router

For the last couple of weeks my router has been going off then back on, it's not happening at a set time is this happening to anyone else?,I'm sorting throat cancer 2 yrs free ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—,can someone help,Ive turned it off for a while then put it back on and it did it again after a while, please help,       Steve

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12 (113 Views)

Re: Router

Can you connect to it on http://192.168.0.1 and post your upstream and downstream power levels under router status

--------
I do not work for virgin media any opinions I have are my own
I will help out when possible but know that some information may be incorrect or out of date

If you find any post helpful don't forget to click the kudos button and mark answers as helpful as this may help other users with the same questions
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12 (91 Views)

Hi Steve,

Sincere apologies for your intermittent connection. I have tested from here but I am unable to find any fault on the network and your Hub appears to be healthy.

We could replace your Hub, as it is a few models behind now, but I wonder if an engineer might find some issue we can't detect from here?

Before I decide I'd like to get a better grasp of your situation by asking a few questions:

• Do these disconnections affect wired or wireless devices (or both)?
  • When the connection drops, do the Hub lights change or remain as they were?
  • Would you please reset your Hub back to factory settings and let us know if that helps?

As I've said, once I know if the issue is wireless only or not I shall be able to determine how best to help.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12 (70 Views)

hi jen and thanks for getting back to me,it's happened when ive been on my main desktop pc and once or twice it's happened with my iPad,it's getting more frequent now but i cant say its an exact time when it happens. im fighting the after effects of throat cancer so if a repairman is going to come out to replace the router can you make it an afternoon pls as most of the morning is taken up y me sorting my tracheotomy tube out.
Yours respectfully
Steve Henderson
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12 (68 Views)

I forgot to mention all the lights go out for a few seconds then flash like mad then settle down,
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12 (42 Views)

Hi Steve Henderson,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

It does sound like a faulty Hub or something similar and I shall be happy to arrange for an engineer to visit. We have 2 afternoon timeslots to offer so I'm confident one them will be suitable.

Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll get an appointment scheduled in for you.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team
Message 7 of 12 (37 Views)

Hi Steve Henderson,

Thanks for your prompt reply Smiley Happy

I have arranged an engineer appointment as per my message so please make sure you post an update on here so that we know whether or not your issue is resolved Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12 (35 Views)

can you possibly text me as some days I'm too ill to go online and thanks for your help,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12 (32 Views)

You'll get a text confirming the appointment date & time but we don't actually have a texting facility via this Forum I'm sorry.

But don't worry about not posting an update, it was only a suggestion Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12 (32 Views)

thanks very much for understanding,

0 Kudos