Menu
Mike050
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Router upgrade

Hi how do I go about upgrading my router I have had the same router for years now 

and I been advised to upgrade ....?....

thanks in advance 

mike

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Router upgrade

hiya @Mike050 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, what hub you have at present?, to get a newer hub would need to have a chat with customer services/relations choosing option 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us), there might be a fee/contract renewal, if your using a superhub2 i would be sticking with since few bugs in firmware with the hub3
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Mike050
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your help on closer inspection
My hub is a super hub . So may be I'll just try to update its firmware . As the download speed has dropped from 46-48 meg to 32 meg now ..
Thanks again Mike
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you cant manually down the firmware its automatically updated across the network. if you have the first model of superhub, then yes I would be asking for the superhub 2AC if that have any left.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Mike050
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok thanks
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @Mike050 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, what hub you have at present?, to get a newer hub would need to have a chat with customer services/relations choosing option 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us), there might be a fee/contract renewal, if your using a superhub2 i would be sticking with since few bugs in firmware with the hub3
Mike050
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your help on closer inspection
My hub is a super hub . So may be I'll just try to update its firmware . As the download speed has dropped from 46-48 meg to 32 meg now ..
Thanks again Mike
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you cant manually down the firmware its automatically updated across the network. if you have the first model of superhub, then yes I would be asking for the superhub 2AC if that have any left.
Mike050
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok thanks
0 Kudos