Menu
Highlighted
cpr
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (410 Views)

Router reset to default

My router settings seem to have been reset to factory defaults at some point over the last few days. Think this is the second time this has happened. Router is a VMDG480, is this a known problem ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (755 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by cpr
‎20-04-2017 17:40

Re: Router reset to default

Yes it is. When the router is at a certain age it begins losing the ability to maintain settings, leading to resets to default.

As the only hub VM support is the hub 3.0, you would get your Superhub 1 replaced with the hub 3.0. A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here will book in that for you in up to two weeks (when they pick up on your topic.)

Or ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 2 (Faults) -> Report a broadband fault and ask for it to be "replaced."

You can also make the request via the Webchat from a laptop/desktop between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa. Using the broadband service fault category then chat online. If the agents are busy, hit the page reload every 1 to 3 minutes and check again, repeatedly, until you get through to an agent.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (756 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by cpr
‎20-04-2017 17:40

Yes it is. When the router is at a certain age it begins losing the ability to maintain settings, leading to resets to default.

As the only hub VM support is the hub 3.0, you would get your Superhub 1 replaced with the hub 3.0. A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here will book in that for you in up to two weeks (when they pick up on your topic.)

Or ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 2 (Faults) -> Report a broadband fault and ask for it to be "replaced."

You can also make the request via the Webchat from a laptop/desktop between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa. Using the broadband service fault category then chat online. If the agents are busy, hit the page reload every 1 to 3 minutes and check again, repeatedly, until you get through to an agent.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (33 Views)

Hi cpr,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Superhub.

As Shelke has said, if the Superhub is rebooting itself then it will need to be replaced. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted out.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos