Menu
Annette57
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Router Offline

So, 6th day of having to re-boot my router as it goes offline some time during the night.

I have tried the magic number to find out the router status - but for obvious reasons, it won't let me do that when it is offline.

I tried unplugging the Sky Q box last night to see if it was causing the Virgin Router to fail - but it has made no difference.

Help?!

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Offline

Hi, just to confirm.

You can login to the router when its online, but when it goes offline you can no longer log into it.

Just confirming that the router is totally crashing its not just the internet connection dying.

What type of superhub is it and what firmware version does it have ?

it may be worth setting up a BQM, that way you could see roughly what time it is dying each night and see if its the same.

My guess though is that for some reason an update is being pushed to it and its causing it to crash, so either the router has a problem and needs changing or your internet connection is unstable and the update is being corrupted or something.

probably worth posting your router stats here too.

0 Kudos
Annette57
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When you ask ' Is the router crashing' or is there no internet connection - I can only answer that the blue lights are on with only one (the double ended arrow) flashing. There is no connection to anything on network cable.

The router is a Super 2ac. The only other code I can see which might be useful is VMDG490.

I haven't a clue what a BMQ is - so wouldn't know how to set it up. I did remove the network cable from the Sky Q box last night as a test to see if it still went offline - and the router still did go offline this morning.

I feel abandoned by Virgin Media - I shouldn't be having to sort this problem myself. But when I phone - they won't help anymore than telling me there isn't anything wrong. Clearly there is - and it isn't fit for purpose if it goes offline regularly.

I tried going onto a chat with the helpline - but they are apparently too busy. Time I think for me to set up my twitter account and start getting noticed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Annette57, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your router going offline, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested the connection from here for you and I noticed that all of your downstream power levels are on the lower side of the scale. I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you in order to resolve this.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with booking an engineer, please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos